New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

Terrence Burke

Reaction score
Although I am listed as a "new member" I have been a MC member for years. I took a few years "off" when our children were born in 2004 and 2007. They are a bit older now (5 and 7) and my puppet show is gradually growing from a little hobby to performing it live at schools, libraries, museums, and fairs.

I've been puppet crazy since childhood (way back in the 1960's), and got back into it as an adult in the early 2000's. I create my own characters, build them, write the scripts and songs for my show, then perform it all live.

As I end every show I perform "PUPPETS ROCK!"

Hayley B

Reaction score
Welcome b
Although I am listed as a "new member" I have been a MC member for years. I took a few years "off" when our children were born in 2004 and 2007. They are a bit older now (5 and 7) and my puppet show is gradually growing from a little hobby to performing it live at schools, libraries, museums, and fairs.

I've been puppet crazy since childhood (way back in the 1960's), and got back into it as an adult in the early 2000's. I create my own characters, build them, write the scripts and songs for my show, then perform it all live.

As I end every show I perform "PUPPETS ROCK!"
Welcome back then. Maybe you'll be able to share with us some of your creations someday.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-----------------
:attitude: Mm, yes, yes. Brand new members, please form a line over there...returning members, please have your club card ready and form a line in front of the giant...blue thing over there. Why is there a giant blue thing over there?

:wink: Uh, that's Thog, Sam.

:attitude: Thog? Young man, we speak ENGLISH around here! Desist in your Norwegian inside jokes!

:wink: Uh...

:attitude: Harrumph! Now, where was I? Oh, yes, yes. ahem. Welcome, welcome all, young and old, new fans and old favorites; please keep your hands inside the ride at all times, no flash photography, and remember to keep your clothes ON. There will be no, I repeat NO feeding of the drummer or of any Thing which does not fall into a taxonomically recognized category, such as pigs, chickens, bears, et al.

:wink: Well, then when are you gonna eat, Sam?

:attitude: Me? Er...lunchtime...why, what time is it now?

:wink: Well, technically, there's no such thing as a pale blue bald eagle. So I guess you're not taxonomically correct.

:attitude: WHAT? I -- I -- er -- uh -- but sir, I am an AMERICAN Bald Eagle, as I have stated many times!

:embarrassed: Uh, he's gotta point. I've never seen a blue eagle.

:smile: In the swamp, we had blue herons...*shudders* nasty things.

:wink: Hey Chef! Don't feed Sam! We don't know what he is!

:attitude: I'm telling you, I am a bald eagle! I am! Look!

:embarrassed: I see feathers.

:attitude: *mutters* Er...that would be due to the Propecia...but...

:wink: No food for the blue thing!

:attitude: This is an outrage! A travesty of justice! You'll all be hearing from the Audubon Society about this!

:smile: Didn't Audubon shoot all the birds he was categorizing?

:attitude: Awk!! *runs off, followed by the others, laughing*

:news: Uh... Welcome in or welcome back, folks. There you have it. And remember, whenever species-challenged news breaks, you'll hear it here first!
--------------------

Hayley B

Reaction score
Welcome to the circus of freaks Hayley, and Terrence, you didn't think you could escape from us forever did you?

Being a freak is a good thing :stick_out_tongue:
lol thank you and it'll great to meet you. :smile:

Terrence Burke

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I never left you in spirit, I was busy changing diapers :coy:

For those of you who wish to learn more about my puppetry, please check out my website (link below). Additionally, I have a Facebook fan page and a Twitter feed for your puppetry pleasure.

More about me (for the the 6 of you interested) I am from Boston MA, live in Cincinnati OH now, happily married for a very long time, father of two (son almost 5 and daughter 7), studied radio & television production AGES ago, I am a voracious reader and music listener (books: puppetry, classic sci-fi, cryptozoology - music: be-bop jazz, 70's punk, 60's pop & classic rock), I love drawing (comic book coming soon!), and my fave Muppet is Oscar (read my blog about my encounter with him). I enjoy black coffee and I am a vegetarian. That's TMI! -me sorry :insatiable:

Karamazova

Reaction score
Hey there!

I am Karamazova, and I've been a huge muppet fan since I was a little kid (My favourite movie as a child was Muppet Classic Theater. I watched it over and over.).

My favourite muppet will always be Gonzo, 'cause he's such an adorable little weirdo, but I adore Kermit almost as much.

I love the original muppet movie the best, but The Christmas Carol comes really close (it was my introduction to the story.)

Other than muppets, I like classic literature and musical theater.

So hi.

Hayley B

Reaction score
Hey there!

I am Karamazova, and I've been a huge muppet fan since I was a little kid (My favourite movie as a child was Muppet Classic Theater. I watched it over and over.).

My favourite muppet will always be Gonzo, 'cause he's such an adorable little weirdo, but I adore Kermit almost as much.

I love the original muppet movie the best, but The Christmas Carol comes really close (it was my introduction to the story.)

Other than muppets, I like classic literature and musical theater.

So hi.
Please to meet you and welcome to Muppets Central. I hope that you will enjoy this place like I have.

Have you been to Disneyland? Gonzo crashed in one of the buildings in California Adventure. I think it might be the Muppets 3-D building.

Karamazova

Reaction score
Please to meet you and welcome to Muppets Central. I hope that you will enjoy this place like I have.

Have you been to Disneyland? Gonzo crashed in one of the buildings in California Adventure. I think it might be the Muppets 3-D building.
Sadly, never been to Disneyland. I live on the wrong coast.
I've been to Disneyworld, though.