The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

Alvin

Reaction score
Where do I begin...and which one do I choose sooooo many...but I would have to say the moment they start the Rainbow Connection in the new movie...I tear up. Such a momentous song. It was where the Muppet Movie began and where the new movie almost ended...wasn't the last song...but second to the last. Very moving.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
First of all I always cry when Rainbow Connection comes on. In the movie I just bawled.

Second and I dont know that it's a tear jerking scene but at the very end when Kermit walks out of the theater and sees all the fans that just really pulled my heart strings. All I could think of was Jim is proud of you Kermit and all The Muppets and knows you guys are gonna be ok.

JustinHoskie

Reaction score
"Pictures in My Head" for me. It's like "Baby Mine" in Dumbo for me. I think I'll be able to make it through this time, I'm certain of it! But at the end, when the pictures become motionless, and Kermit lifts up the sheet covering Miss Piggy's portrait to take a silent look at it.... It just tugs at my deepest heartstrings.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
"Pictures in My Head" for me. It's like "Baby Mine" in Dumbo for me. I think I'll be able to make it through this time, I'm certain of it! But at the end, when the pictures become motionless, and Kermit lifts up the sheet covering Miss Piggy's portrait to take a silent look at it.... It just tugs at my deepest heartstrings.
Yeah that was also a moving song. Especially when Kermit sings the line "if we could do it all again, just another chance to entertain" I thought of Jim through out the whole film and how much he is missed and how I wish he could've seen this movie.

Karamazova

Reaction score
I always cry over I'm Going to Go Back There Someday, being Gonzo fan, but I also get teary over The Rainbow Connection.

And Saying Goodbye, of course.

And Big Bird singing at Henson's memorial.

And the tribute they did to Jim Henson. I bawled like a small child to all the muppets reacting to Henson's death.

Also, the Christmas Carol movie. It's the only version where I get sad over Tiny Tim's death (including the original), because it's just heartbreaking to see Kermit so sad.

Basically, there is nothing sadder than a sad muppet.

JustinHoskie

Reaction score
Seeing Big Bird sing It's Not Easy Being Green at Jim Henson's funeral. NOTHING will be able to top that in terms of sadness. EVER. :cry:
Being the manly-muppet that I am, I watched this and tried to get through it without crying, but when Carroll's voice cracks when he sings "big like a mountain", I got a tear, and I completely dissolved into a weeping 5 year old when he says "Thank you Kermit."

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Anytime I see pictures or old footage of Jim Henson I just start crying.

Zeliboba

Reaction score
There are so many tearjerking moments in the Muppet movies (the 'Saying Goodbye' part in MTM really stands out for me), but I cried the most when I watched Frank Oz's speech at Jim Henson's memorial service. My heart breaks everytime I hear him says 'This is when I understood that he loves me and I love him', to the point that I find that moment very difficult to watch.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I can't watch anything from Jim Henson's Memorial and not start bawling. Especially knowing Richard Hunt would die a year later and would have his Memorial at the same church. Just seeing a simple interview of Jim with Kermit I just can't keep it together.

I recently watched The Muppets Remember Jim Henson and while I do remember bits and pieces when it originally aired I don't think I quite understood it because I was only 7 when he past. But watching it again as an adult omg I don't know that I've ever cried so much through something. Especially at the end when their singing "Just one person" and Kermit walks in omg so sad but yet so moving. And this is someone who hardly ever cries in anything. So just goes to show how much I appericate and probably love the muppets even more now then when I did when I was a kid. I should be honest in saying I was probably more into Fraggle Rock and The Muppet babies then the actual muppets themselves growing up but I do remember watching the reruns of TMS on Disney channel. Unfortunately I wasn't even born yet when TMS originally aired so...and sadly I was one of those fans who after Jim died I think I was starting to grow out of a lot of things.

This movie made me feel guilty at times especially when Walter says "your fans haven't left you the world hasn't forgotten" Because sadly I was one of those who had forgotten. I only recently got back into the muppets last year so...I can't say I've been a very good fan but hey I am into them now way more then I was when I was a kid and I ain't intending to forget ever again! I don't think I realized how much they impacted me as a kid till now. Because as a kid you don't really appericate things around you not that adults do either but as a child you have that innocence and don't think about such things as an adult where your much more aware of things around you. Anyways...sorry for the long post. Lol!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Oh man, I was just going to watch the scene of Kermit and Piggy's wedding from MTM because it always is so moving. But I swear before I even clicked on the link, I saw the phrase "Kermit and Piggy Get Married" and instantly started tearing up, lol. It's incredible how much raw emotion they managed to pack into one little film. :smile:

And to think as a kid I didn't understand why all the characters were crying (I didn't get the "crying when you're happy" concept yet, lol).
I think I got more emotional when you see all The Muppets and the Sesame Street characters in one shot. I started thinking of Jim seeing them all together. But to be funny too bad that wedding wasn't real. XP