Great Muppet Caper Four-Timer

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
Hey, have any of you guys noticed in GMC, there's this guy in the scene where Gonzo's taking pictures at the Dubonnet Club who's with someone other than his wife? Me & my friend were watching it just yesterday when we noticed that two seconds later Kermit and Piggy are dancing on the floor together, and that guy is in the background with some other girl! Then when Marla, Carla, and Darla enter the building, you see the same guy in the background, sitting somewhere else, with another girl. :laugh:

We at first thought this was just a mistake with moving around background characters from scene to scene, but then in the scene when Kermit meets Piggy again at the park, she throws some guy into the water and says "Get your filthy hands off me!" It looked like the exact same guy to us...was it? Did they mean to do that? Is there a joke I've been missing?

Fraggline

Reaction score
Hey, I saw this post, and I thought, "Bingboingcutie and I were thinking the same thing--in the same words!" :smile: I like to think of it as the same guy just because it's such a funny running gag that you have to pay close attention to catch.

Fraggline

Reaction score
But does anybody else have any opinions on this subject? I'm really curious if we're the only ones who think (or wonder) so.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
That's absolutely on purpose. I mean - there's not really any way of knowing, but I'm certain it is. Really clever joke, too. Jim really cared about the whole frame, and always threw as much as he could into it.