Your Thoughts: Jim Henson's Musical World at Carnegie Hall

Walter White

Reaction score
^Love your icon/name.
Thanks!

Yeah about Wembley! To all those who said that Steve Whitmire was losing his voice, I think we can safely say his upper register is still there.
Definitely. Wembley was spot on, absolutely perfect.

Another thing I didn't mention was that Fozzie got some good laughs. His best line was when John said he asked him for the past week to go to the library and research Jim Henson. He asked what he learned, to which Fozzie replied, "I learned they don't allow bears in the New York Public Library."

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
WHAT?! I didn't see him. Wow. Now I really wish I had been able to go to the after party! I'm glad I was able to go to the event itself though.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Woah.

I got to go to both shows due to pure luck. (I got into the second one free due to getting a ticket from someone desperately trying to get rid of there's) I got to meet a lot of great people fan-wise and performer-wise (finally figured out where the stage door was at the last possible second). I spent a lot of time in particular with our own long-time member Beaker and his friend who willingly let me follow them through FAO to find the Whatnot Workshop (you guys rock!) and a nice woman from Iowa named Lisa (I know you're reading this, Lisa... :stick_out_tongue:). But overall, it was awesome, especially chatting with a ton of Muppet fans outside the stage door. We were there for a good hour and a half after the show just shooting the breeze about Muppets. I also got to meet a lot of awesome Henson/Sesame alumni, which is always great. John Tartaglia truly is one of us, people. :smile:

And I feel kind of awesome that when Brooke Shields randomly came out the stage door with her kids, I told people to clear the way and let her be. She was grateful and gave me a polite "Thanks."

Borples

Reaction score
Well, now that I'm done reading through and liking all of the first hand accounts... :smile: THANK you, everyone, for giving us the details! It sounds like the most marvelously muppety time imaginable. The few video clips available have filled me with glee.

the80sdrummer

Reaction score
The show was incredible! I went to the first one. Yes, the sound was pretty bad in some spots but the show itself made up for it. It was great to see most of the Sesame Street people there. Luis and Caroll Spinney were mysteriously missing. I was lucky enough to get a 6th row right up front just like Walter White. Heck, maybe we were sitting together! It really fulfilled a dream of mine to see the Muppets perform live as well as seeing the performers. I'm kicking myself for not getting a later bus ticket back to MD. I had to leave right after the show. I wish I could have had the opportunity to meet the performers afterwards as well as see the 2nd show.

And I'm pretty sure I saw Jerry Nelson. Was he in a wheelchair? If so then it was definitely him. I didn't want to be rude to him as he and his wife (I guess that was her) were going right by me so I didn't say anything.

Walter White

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to get a 6th row right up front just like Walter White. Heck, maybe we were sitting together!
Row F, seat 111 for me. That would be funny if we were sitting next to each other.

And I'm pretty sure I saw Jerry Nelson. Was he in a wheelchair? If so then it was definitely him.
He wasn't when I saw him, but he was siting down then, so maybe he got in one to move about.