New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

Powerstars

Reaction score
Allow me to introduce myself:
POWERSTARS!!! EAT DRUMS EAT DRUMS!!!

Yeah. I just watched TMM. I love the Muppets and discussing them.

Hayley B

Reaction score
Welcome to Muppet Central, Powerstars. Congrats as well. Because you will just fit in just fine. :halo: :smile:

downunderbatman

Reaction score
Hi all, my name is Greg, I'm from Australia.

I've been in love with the muppets since I can remember. I have enjoyed all of Jim Henson's artistic endeavours and have grown very interested in his creations. I also grew up with Ninja Turtles, so love the work the Henson company did on the first two live action moves. The costumes were just incredible.

I now have a son who turns 2 in October, and he is falling in love with the loveable muppet characters. I have been into costuming (mostly batman) for over 10 years so decided to try my hand at making a puppet, as I wasn't really happy with anything available in retail markets (puppet wise). I tried Kermit first, which was more difficult than I had first thought. I altered some bought patterns to more closely resemble kermit and finished him over a long weekend.

my son loves him, and although I'm proud of the work I did, he's far from perfect. I'll be making at least another one and hopefully will have learnt something from the first build. I'd like to develop my skills to be able to create my own muppet style characters to play and teach my son, but he loves elmo so I can imagine an Elmo will be on the cards sometime soon also.

I love reading through the posts on this forum, they are full of fantastic information. I look forward to getting to know the members here soon, and hopefully when I figure things out, maybe post some pics of my first kermit build.

Greg

Hayley B

Reaction score
Welcome to Muppet Central, Greg. I have a friend that lives in Australia. Her name is Tassie and she showed me the lovely homes in Australia. Also she placed my sympathy note to the late Steve Irwin at the Australia Zoo.

We hope to see your pics of "your first Kermit build " someday. It's also great to hear your son's love of the Muppets. I hope that you enjoy yourself here.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Unfortunately I've been away too long and missed too much to have any hope of welcoming you all individually, so welcome to everyone who's joined in the past several months! I'm just popping in again myself. I keep trying to make a full comeback, but it doesn't seem to work most of the time. Maybe this time?

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know you all better!
:big_grin:

cookietribe

Reaction score
:sing: " C is for Cookie. That's good enough for me!"

Welcome to the Muppet Central, cookietribe. I love that you are a fan of Cookie Monster. Have you ever seen this Colbert Report? Where Stephen Colbert argues with Cookie Monster? It was really funny.

Also love to know another Animal fan too.

I hope that you enjoy this place. :smile:
Thanks for the welcome Hayley. I did see the Colbert video, and the Martha Stewart show
the Martha Stewart show
with Cookie Monster was also hilarious. :insatiable:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------
:news: *staggers in coughing*

*Rhonda Rat sprays some air cleanser around the thread* Sheesh. I'm gonna have to talk to the lab guys about some Pepper spray. Hah! Get it? Pepper?

:news: Ack...ahem...er. Uh, welcome in all new members! Now for this breaking news: Muppet Central has recently been inundated with reports of lurkers trading in their thread-stalker badges for actual, legitimate membership! Administrator Philip, when asked about the alarming fad, shrugged and said, quote: "Hey, new members help the ad revenue! I'm all for it!" The ad revenue could not be reached for comment at this time. However, fellow lurkers known only as "Guest #5623" and "Guest #852" responded thusly: "It's a disgrace to the time-honored art of taking up bandwidth without contributing a darned thing!", and, "I don't know what you're talking about. Never heard of it. Excuse me, I think Justin Beiber just posted a new Tweet, I'm outta here."

Rhonda: Very cultural. Sam will be proud.

:news: Uh...this trend seems to be increasing at such alarming rates that we at Muppet News wonder whether the forum actually has enough room to support such a heavy load of posters! Furthermore -- *a ton of Justin Bieber posters falls from the ceiling, completely burying Newsie*

Rhonda *under steel umbrella* He never learns. Nice ta see ya all. Have a muffin.

-------------