New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slackbot

Reaction score
They added new characters to TMS as the scripts called for them. If a movie script calls for new characters to fill a certain spot the way the Moopets did, I'm fine with that. I'm sure the writers have the sense not to let the newbies eclipse the veterans.

So many ideas being thrown around... it makes me wish they were doing a weekly show, just so they could afford to try some of the wackier ones rather than focusing on one box-office-blockbuster story.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, one of the Tough Pigs people attended a publicity event for Nick Stoller's new movie The Five-Year Engagement last night, and learned a few things about the Muppets sequel:
  • Walter will be in it.
  • There wll be some "connective tissue" to the previous film (if that means what I think it means I just hope the only connective tissue is the return of Walter and maybe '80s Robot, and that the Muppet theater returns).
  • And it will focus mostly on the comedy.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I'm glad Walter will be in it but I hope he's not the main focal point. Of course it's gonna be a comedy I don't think we want a Muppets tragedy. Lol!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm glad Walter will be in it but I hope he's not the main focal point.
Yeah. The only question is how will Walter fit?

Let me put it this way... if Walter doesn't appear in any future Muppet projects, there will be a depressing undertone. Sort of how like we never see Snuffy's sister anymore... or the fact Peg and Pistol (not to mention Chainsaw and Waffles) are completely missing from A Goofy Movie and that sequel, implying a divorce.

If Walter were to be absent, think about it. The guy saved the Muppets in the context of the film, and Kermit was so grateful, he helped Walter fulfill his greatest dream, becoming one of the group. A Walter absence would imply there was a falling out, Kermit welshed on the deal, or something else unpleasant. I'd hate to think about that.

Rowlfan5384

Reaction score
Well. I'm excited for muppets 2. I wonder if Gary, Mary,
and Walter will return?

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I can see him having a Scooter-type (maybe Scooter's new assistant?) role amongst the troop, helping out all the Muppets with their various projects and such, and sometimes getting his own spots, which could work with the aforementioned "connective tissue" between the first film and the sequel.

jvcarroll

Reaction score

Let me put it this way... if Walter doesn't appear in any future Muppet projects, there will be a depressing undertone. Sort of how like we never see Snuffy's sister anymore... or the fact Peg and Pistol (not to mention Chainsaw and Waffles) are completely missing from A Goofy Movie and that sequel, implying a divorce.

If Walter were to be absent, think about it. The guy saved the Muppets in the context of the film, and Kermit was so grateful, he helped Walter fulfill his greatest dream, becoming one of the group. A Walter absence would imply there was a falling out, Kermit welshed on the deal, or something else unpleasant. I'd hate to think about that.
I see Walter as being a helpful kind of Scooter-type. Maybe he can be Scooter's intern. That makes sense. The Gofer's Gofer. After 35 years, he's earned it. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's basically what I'm thinking in terms of a show. Having Scooter be promoted to something else, and showing Walter the ropes... an eager Walter grasping onto his every word and action like (for the lack of a better reference) Doofus clings onto Launchpad, thinking he's the greatest hero ever.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I don't wanna see Gary and Mary either. I wanna see the muppets. Sorry to be a Scrooge but they served their purpose already no need for them in the next movie. I'm not saying Walter shouldn't be in it however I think he could just be the costar and not the actual star.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
or the fact Peg and Pistol (not to mention Chainsaw and Waffles) are completely missing from A Goofy Movie and that sequel, implying a divorce.
Also the fact that Roxanne wasn't in the sequel at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.