What was the last DVD you bought and why?

JJandJanice

Reaction score
In honor of my birthday Thursday, I treated myself to...

Needless to say, I've heard quite a bit about this movie, but haven't seen it for myself. When I got home, I popped it right in and loved it. I've read Kevin Clash's book "My life as a Furry Red Monster" and still this movie gave me a new found love and respect for the work of Clash, he is truly passioned about his craft, it's inspringing.

and

The Iron Giant: Special Edition- Because it's a pretty darn good and fairly underratted animated movie for only 5 bucks.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
My latest Disney Movie Club order just arrived, The Cat Returns and Whisper of the Heart. Watching Returns right now, awesome so far, naturally. :wink:

Up next, waiting for So Dear To My Heart, redeemed some points for it through Disney Movie Rewards. :big_grin:

JustinHoskie

Reaction score
Intended cut?!
No. Just the standard DVD. (I've bought the movie on iTunes, but hadn't bought the DVD yet.) There still hasn't been an OFFICIAL announcement for The Intended Cut yet. Just Frank Oz mentioning it at a panel last fall and the MPAA saying that a cut by that name exists.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I hope it comes soon and on DVD because I don't have bluray.

Hayley B

Reaction score
The Muppets Take Manhattan (Blueray/DVD Combo). I already had a copy of MTM. I got it for free from a cereal box. But I put it in a CD case. Right now, I can't find the CD case. I'm sure it's around somewhere. Anyway, I kind of wanted to buy it again. So, the reason is because.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I bought a whole bunch of cheap crap lately (the only kind I can afford)

Yu Yu Hakusho the movie/Ninku The movie: I've been trying to track that thing down for quite sometime now. And I found it at a convention for only 5 bucks.

Zotsky and Kaput: Three volumes of this great French cartoon, and all for a buck each. It's becoming one of my new favorites It's like Invader Zim meets Pinky and the Brain meets Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Silverhawks vol 1: 4 Bucks for 32 episodes.... not bad at all.

Vincent L

Reaction score
WALL-E (two-disc edition)
I watched it before in class, but I bought it just for the director's commentary.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Doctor Who: The Sensorites - Because I've been looking for a William Hartnell story and it was the only one they had.

Doctor Who: The Happiness Patrol - It seemed interesting.