"Muppet Theatre" silk screen print by James Carroll available Tuesday April 24

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Phew, I guess I am lucky I got one just now! I wonder which number I got? My receipt says something about 276 on it, could that mean there are only 24 left? Surely they could consider a reprint if you sell out all 3 editions in under 24 hours! I mean, seriously, how much more proof of demand does there need to be?
The numbers read 1/200 - 2/200 for the standard and 1/50 - 50/50 for each variant so i'm not sure what 276 means. I'd welcome a reprinting, but that's the nature of limited editions. Maybe they can widen the scope for future submissions. :confused:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
That's unbelievable! How frustrating to people who actually wanted these for themselves to have people like that who just try to take advantage.
Exactly, ugh. :grr:
Phew, I guess I am lucky I got one just now! I wonder which number I got? My receipt says something about 276 on it, could that mean there are only 24 left? Surely they could consider a reprint if you sell out all 3 editions in under 24 hours! I mean, seriously, how much more proof of demand does there need to be?
For real!! :big_grin: Why oh why are our beloved Muppets so undervalued?!? And it just keeps happening, that's what's so maddening. Here's the stuff that's really gotten to me the past year:

• Jamie's "Muppetational Mosaic" T-shirt selling out on Threadless, still no reprints (even during/after the success of the new movie?!? A real "duh" moment).
• Too many edits on the actual film, especially the HUGE plot-point regarding Tex and laughing.
• Very little movie tie-in merchandise, then, surprise surprise, no restocks for AGES (and the restocked Kermit plush at Disney Stores are sadly kinda ugly. :stick_out_tongue: )
• The 10 or so different versions of the home release, confusing anyone who didn't want the Wocka Wocka edition.
• Now the too few prints of Jamie's AWESOME TMS 35th Anniversary piece, maybe/hopefully they'll do another run of unsigned prints, to save Jamie's invaluable hands. *insert "talented" Muppet Smiley here*

Hmm, I'm not usually one for ranting, or does this even qualify? I'm pretty mellow and happy for the most part. :laugh: I sure don't mean to put a dampener on this thread, this beautiful work of art is the happiest news!! :big_grin: Anyhow, I bought one of these beautiful prints, cuz really, of course I wouldn't miss this for anything!! James, the FrogBoy of yore, you sir, are a Master of Muppets! :wisdom:

But yeah, if they do another run of the "red carpet" variant, I'm in. I'll be sure to visit Frisco myself, and hopefully get a personalized signature from the artiste himself! :wink:

Cheers!
:smile:
Anthony

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I really want these! I missed all of them!!
Can someone let me know when they come back?
BTW, Congrats James! These are really nice! :fanatic:

Walter White

Reaction score
Aww, the site says available, but it comes up as sold out when I click to add it to the cart. What a beautiful piece!

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Oh wow!! Now ALL of them are sold out?!? I bet that site has never seen anything go so fast before, it's gotta be a record.

Sincerely so, SO sorry to those who missed out! :sympathy: I didn't get the version I reeeeeely wanted, but believe me, I count myself VERY lucky to have gotten one at all. :halo: ("halo" smiley in lieu of non-existent "thankful" smiley, lol. Looks like we still need more smilies Jamie! Ha ha)

muppetperson

Reaction score
Exactly, ugh. :grr:

For real!! :big_grin: Why oh why are our beloved Muppets so undervalued?!? And it just keeps happening, that's what's so maddening. Here's the stuff that's really gotten to me the past year:

• Jamie's "Muppetational Mosaic" T-shirt selling out on Threadless, still no reprints (even during/after the success of the new movie?!? A real "duh" moment).
• Too many edits on the actual film, especially the HUGE plot-point regarding Tex and laughing.
• Very little movie tie-in merchandise, then, surprise surprise, no restocks for AGES (and the restocked Kermit plush at Disney Stores are sadly kinda ugly. :stick_out_tongue: )
• The 10 or so different versions of the home release, confusing anyone who didn't want the Wocka Wocka edition.
• Now the too few prints of Jamie's AWESOME TMS 35th Anniversary piece, maybe/hopefully they'll do another run of unsigned prints, to save Jamie's invaluable hands. *insert "talented" Muppet Smiley here*

Hmm, I'm not usually one for ranting, or does this even qualify? I'm pretty mellow and happy for the most part. :laugh: I sure don't mean to put a dampener on this thread, this beautiful work of art is the happiest news!! :big_grin: Anyhow, I bought one of these beautiful prints, cuz really, of course I wouldn't miss this for anything!! James, the FrogBoy of yore, you sir, are a Master of Muppets! :wisdom:

But yeah, if they do another run of the "red carpet" variant, I'm in. I'll be sure to visit Frisco myself, and hopefully get a personalized signature from the artiste himself! :wink:

Cheers!
:smile:
Anthony
I think I know why a lot of the Muppet merchandise is going in the direction of "limited editions".Sadly, Muppet items dont sell that well.I am sure we have all seen Muppet items in stores that have been marked down in the reduced to clear bin after taking a long time to sell.This is damaging to a licensor planing to make Muppet merchandise as they dont want to lose money.However, if they only make a small amount to undercut demand, then they will sell out and bring confidence to the manufactuers.I guess there will be fans who miss out and then create a market for skelpers to prey on the desparate and make money, but at least it is better than no merchandise.