New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Who said it was gonna be released in August?!! Were only speculating like you're. But with Disney already confirming and with a script already in the works at this point it seems like a 2013 release is eminent. Like I said unless something happens that causes a delay in production I really think your looking at a 2013 release either by summer or another holiday release.
They have a major movie coming out every month. It would be theatrical suicide to release more than one movie a month. Unless the only Disney movie released in May is an action film, and they want something more kid friendly. But the reason they usually put Pixar films in June is to get theirs in after Dreamworks' film is out a while. Unless they managed to give this a key early May slot before then... otherwise, there's no logical place to put the film in summer where it'll do the best it can do. Late July is as good as anytime to release it, but Phineas and Ferb's got that slot. It's not merely speculating, it's rationalization to think it would get the last month of the season. No way would they want the film to go directly head to head with the May Marvel, June Pixar, and July Phineas and Ferb slots. That's just common business sense.

Above all, there is nothing wrong with waiting a year to get a proper, more thought out release date. Heck... didn't they project the last film to come out some time in 2010, but they were working on the script longer than they thought they would? 2013 is a shooting goal, but things can and might change.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I'm telling you if I know Disney they're gonna want this movie out by the end of June first part of July. AGAIN reason being they want to capitalize on holiday DVD sales. I was personally all for a 2014 release but I changed my mind I'm all for a 2013 release. It's obvious Disney wants this movie ASAP. I highly doubt their gonna want a 2014 release now. And it is speculation because unless we've all heard from Disney themselves of a release date then it's your guess is as good as mine. Agree to disagree on this.

zoebell

Reaction score
for the record, i don't think August is necessarily a bad month to release it. you can get a hit at any time of the year, really. last year The Help came out in august and it was this huge surprise hit, partly because there was nothing else out. if anything, it might help it because of lack of competition

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Yeah and that was also before they knew how much money it was gonna bring in. Had they known this movie was gonna bring in as much money as it did we prob would've seen the previous film released sooner.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
They have a major movie coming out every month. It would be theatrical suicide to release more than one movie a month. Unless the only Disney movie released in May is an action film, and they want something more kid friendly. But the reason they usually put Pixar films in June is to get theirs in after Dreamworks' film is out a while. Unless they managed to give this a key early May slot before then... otherwise, there's no logical place to put the film in summer where it'll do the best it can do. Late July is as good as anytime to release it, but Phineas and Ferb's got that slot. It's not merely speculating, it's rationalization to think it would get the last month of the season. No way would they want the film to go directly head to head with the May Marvel, June Pixar, and July Phineas and Ferb slots. That's just common business sense.

Above all, there is nothing wrong with waiting a year to get a proper, more thought out release date. Heck... didn't they project the last film to come out some time in 2010, but they were working on the script longer than they thought they would? 2013 is a shooting goal, but things can and might change.
Keep in mind there are both Wednesday and Friday slots for films and we know that no dates are final by the way "The Muppets" was bumped-up the schedule from Christmas to Thanksgiving. They'll figure it out. :smile:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Yeah but if it comes out in August it wouldn't be out on DVD till prob Jan. If its released on June-July then it would be out in Nov-Dec and I know their gonna wanna have it out by Christmas.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I say instead of debating when it's gonna be released and saying what months are good and bad we just get excited and be grateful it's moving forward. We're getting a new muppet movie. That's good enough for me!

PanthraDion

Reaction score
I say instead of debating when it's gonna be released and saying what months are good and bad we just get excited and be grateful it's moving forward. We're getting a new muppet movie. That's good enough for me!
Yes! I, personally, am very excited!:excited:

Walter White

Reaction score
I agree with the people who are concerned about what could happen with a summer release. Disney killed the Narnia movies by moving Prince Caspian into the summer where it got overshadowed. I don't want to see the same thing happen to The Muppets.

Status
Not open for further replies.