The Brand New Ask Jim Lewis Thread

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Great idea.

I had a good one a few days ago, but I forgot to write it down and now I can't remember it.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
oh no that's to bad! do you have a idea what it was about?

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I remembered it!

Dear Mr. Lewis,

I've read a few news articles (with statements from shady unnamed sources) which state that several Muppeteers who shall remain nameless (though they did everything short of pointing a giant neon arrow at Steve) have levels of dissatifaction with The Muppets, ranging from 'Unhappy with' to 'Complete and utter loathing for'. Do you know if this is true or not?

Signed, ZeppoAndFriends​

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I've read a few news articles (with statements from shady unnamed sources) which state that several Muppeteers who shall remain nameless (though they did everything short of pointing a giant neon arrow at Steve) have levels of dissatifaction with The Muppets, ranging from 'Unhappy with' to 'Complete and utter loathing for'. Do you know if this is true or not?
No, wait. That wasn't what I wanted to ask Jim. That was something I was trying to remember for another thread. Please ignore that.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
No, wait. That wasn't what I wanted to ask Jim. That was something I was trying to remember for another thread. Please ignore that.
I'm kind of glad because Jim has said that he is close to a lot of the Muppeter's and that he really dose not like talking about there opions or of things like that.
My personal feeling about that is listen to Steve's interview on the Muppetcast. Steve talks in grave detail about the personality of not only Kermit, but Beaker and Rizzo as well. He has a very deep understanding of the Muppets he prefroms and it really shows in that interview. Also most of the times that we have heard anything from any of the Muppeters that have spoke about how Jim Lewis really has the "voice" of the Muppets. Now I'm not bashing on the new movie or Jason Segal for writing it but if any prefromer who has worked with the Muppets for over 30+ years had questions or concerns about the script they should have taken heed. Now that is clearly my personal feelings on the issue and has nothing to do with Jim.

Mike Quinn

Reaction score
Just a quick note, glad to see this Jim Lewis thread here. Jim's a great guy. I worked with him on season one of The Animal Show and probably a few other bits too. He comes from the Jerry Juhl/Jocelyn Stevenson school of Muppet writing so has a great pedigree.
It was really fun working with him again on the studio floor shooting the promo bits for The Muppets film. It really reminded me of the old days when Jerry Juhl would be on set and come up with comedy bits and lines on the fly for Jim and Frank - total Muppet top of the head fun and insanity! Really funny stuff. I hadn't seen Jim in forever and was so grateful to hook up with him again :smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I thought I would do some Thread bumping tonight and this one was the first one that came to my mind. We may have some new members who may have not known about this thread and still may have a question for Long time Muppet Writer Jim Lewis.
If there are enough I'll send then and we can have more Q&A fun like the good ol' days.