"The Muppets" Read-Along Storybook and CD

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm shocked they still make these. That IS old school. I loved my old book and records and book and tapes... I played those tapes till all I had left was the book. I just didn't think they made these anymore. Last time I saw these things were when Lilo and Stitch was released. My sister had that one.

I know they're only doing movies, but if they did a CD and Book version of "Green and Bear it" I'd pick that up in a second.

I can't recall if the MTM book and record had references to deleted or shortened scenes. I know I had a Roger Rabbit cassette that had the painted pig head scene. And I have a George of the Jungle picture book that has the deleted dream sequence.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm very curious to hear who's the narrator for this release. Corey Burton usually does stuff like that, but I haven't seen one of these in ages since the Lilo and Stitch release I mentioned before.

I wish the Amazon page had a short preview sample of the audio.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's one more bump... If anyone has picked up "The Muppets" read-along book and CD, please let us know what you think about this release.

Maybe it includes a different audio mix than the actual film (or even a mention of a deleted scene.)

darthcello

Reaction score
I got this at Fred Meyers about a month ago. It is totally old school with the same chime sounds to turn the page. Really takes you back.

The total time is 13:01. It does feature actual dialogue bits and Walter's whistling song from the movie. It has all of the highlights from the movie, just seriously abridged.

The narrator is: David Jeremiah. It also lists the Muppet performers/voices in the credits on the inside cover, which I thought was cool. Unless I missed something, I think the dialogue, etc. is exactly from the movie--no deleted scenes, alternative takes.