Ask A Muppet: Kermit responds to fans on Disney Movie Rewards

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I think she finally came across well in The Muppets (2011). But yeah some of the TV appearances do remain a bit one dimensional. She still kinda treated like a joke and sadly I think it's partially the weight thing. We haven't come that far as a culture.
My thoughts exactly.

It makes me hope that the pig is only kidding when she has said certain mean things. Even though she has always had a tendency to overact when others gave her frog an innocent hug or peck on the cheek, trying to keep Kermit from Amy Adams and telling the frog to not name any female performers that he likes besides her, for example, like stated in the interviews is way too extreme and makes the pig seem more unlikable and makes Kermit & Piggy's relationship sound all the more abusive.

So, if Amy Adams or any other female wanted to give Kermit an innocent non-flirty hug, peck, pat on the head or something, Piggy should simply remember what the frog told her in "The Muppets Take Manhattan". ("Friends hug. They don't spy.").

I'm sorry, but this whole thing just makes my blood boil.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Also, even she has always thought of the other Muppets as weirdos and hasn't always held them in high regards, I don't think she was ever THAT mean about them or towards them in the Muppet Show days and in the 80's. She still did care about the others, even if they annoyed her--a trait that she rarely shows today outside the new movie.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
As a Kermit and Piggy fan I am just over ecstatic Steve has decided to no longer have Kermit be coy anymore. I think they were leading to this relaunch when the movie came out to finally have him say while their not married they have always been and item.

zoebell

Reaction score
are you guys sure she wasn't territorial when frank was doing her? i beg to differ on that. i'm pretty sure she's always been extremely possessive of him

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Yes if you watch the first season of the muppet show especially I really BEG to differ!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
are you guys sure she wasn't territorial when frank was doing her? i beg to differ on that. i'm pretty sure she's always been extremely possessive of him
The thing is that was only one aspect of a multi-layered personality. More recently it's the only aspect we get to see.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I would have to really disagree on that one. I'm telling you besides watching her interviews...look up some of the interviews she did for magazines and radio. She and Kermit IMO tend to give more adult answers as opposed to when their on talk shows. I mean they still give silly answers but I feel like when there isn't cameras on them and just people talking to them it gives them more freedom to say more and show their personalities more. And I'm talking about in recent interviews not ones in the past.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I admit I don't keep track of all the interviews and appearances so yeah it's definitely possible that there are high points as well lately.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
The thing is that was only one aspect of a multi-layered personality. More recently it's the only aspect we get to see.
Exactly! Just like the Homer Simpson and Mr. Krabs examples I gave earlier.

muppfozz

Reaction score
Man I missed asking a question....I do disney rewards too Booooo whooooo Do you want to know what I would have ask ???? Kermit you are doing such wonderful stuff and such a great frog, do you think your friend Jim would be happy with you and for you ?:jim: