She Gets What She Wants

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Wow. Not where I was expecting this to go. I assumed that Piggy was going to, um, go to a bank and find a donor. I didn't think she'd want to miss out on having a baby with her genetics, but I do realize that's not always possible. Adoption is a wonderful option for someone who wants to open up their loving home to a lovely baby.
You surprised me. I'll keep reading to see what happens next.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
This story is quite good, I'm really liking how Miss Piggy is adopting instead of going to a sperm bank. :big_grin: Just a quick question, but if this leaks out to the press, is there going to be a scandal ALA Madonna's adoption scandal?

Write on!

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
If that baby came out even faintly blue, he would find that long-nosed mutant and—
So I was gonna wait until I had gotten to the end of this, but this literally made me laugh out loud. Twice. The Muppet looked at me like I had gone crazy and thankfully she's young enough that a simple, "something I read made me laugh" and that she can't read is even better.

But yeah, just...oh god that made me laugh. I don't even think I can efficiently tell why this is so comical. I probably will when I finish, but...I'm still chuckling, so I will get back to you on this.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
----------------------
Wonderful! Some serious, honest, well-thought-out drama here. Love that Kermit still loves her enough to go crazy wondering who the father will be if not him...and that Piggy is woman enough to explain it calmly to him.

Of course, the line about a certain frog growing a bright green pair had me howling... that never hurts. Although head-through-drywall probably does. :smile:

-----------------------

Your Worship

Reaction score
I am so glad you guys are enjoying this story! I really agonized over the characterization, I assure you, and knowing that I managed to mix the comedic in with the drama well enough to satisfy makes me indescribibly happy. So, thank you very much!

Also, for anyone wondering why she's adopting, which is kind of alluded to in the last post. For me, Piggy just can't see herself having children with anyone but Kermit.

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
I am so glad you guys are enjoying this story! I really agonized over the characterization, I assure you, and knowing that I managed to mix the comedic in with the drama well enough to satisfy makes me indescribibly happy. So, thank you very much!

Also, for anyone wondering why she's adopting, which is kind of alluded to in the last post. For me, Piggy just can't see herself having children with anyone but Kermit.
Makes perfect sense to me. You're doing a great job and you can tell through your writing that you really care about this story!

Can't wait to read more!

Your Worship

Reaction score
Sorry this took so long, but I do have an extra-long update to make up for it. Hopefully this will be mostly wrapped up in a few more chapters. Also, this is a bit of a flashback. I thought you needed to see Piggy setting up her adoption of her baby.
Piggy was actually at work for once, piecing together next month’s issue and trying to work in the advertisements seamlessly with the editorials, photo spreads, and other items of interest to the fashion world. After working for Vogue and Elle, Piggy was more than qualified for the job at the small magazine, but the pay had been phenomenal considering the truly teensy amount of work she was expected to do most of the time. In fact, Piggy was perfectly aware that the only reason they had hired her was so they could advertise that they had hired her.

It was good to be a fashion icon.

She was actually involved with the layout when her phone rang and she checked it almost absentmindedly before she suddenly remembered who Louise was and why she was important.

“Hello?” Piggy asked, trying to sound busy and successful yet willing to make time for the little people.

“Miss Piggy, this is Louise Southerford. I have interviewed Tandy and she is very happy to accept your generous offer. When can you be here to sign the papers?”

“Oh…um,” her mind was racing—her normal recourse was to put off making appointments to make herself look more in-demand. But this…this was too important for games. She flipped open her calendar and asked, “Is this evening too soon?”

“That would be fine. I’m sure Tandy will be available. Shall we say six at my office?” the lawyer more stated than asked.

"Yes, that would be perfect,” Piggy said, crossing out a dinner date on her calendar and writing in ‘Louise’ instead. “Ciao.”

“Goodbye,” she replied. Then Piggy gently closed her cell phone and stared at the ceiling of her office until her hands stopped shaking.
~~~~~~~​

Piggy arrived early, but the ever-competent Louise was already there, naturally. Piggy found herself managed by a capable secretary who had her sipping coffee and nibbling cookies off a small coffee table almost before Louise could take her coat. The lawyer didn’t pour herself a cup, but she did take a seat across from Piggy in what looked like a much-less-comfortable chair.

“Tandy will be arriving around six thirty, so this is our last chance to hammer out any additional details,” Louise said briskly. Piggy nodded gravely, setting her half-eaten cookie back down for the moment. “When she arrives it is important that you remain highly positive and confident; Tandy is young and impressionable—she responds well to authority and we don’t want her having doubts and trying to back out at the last minute.”

Miss Piggy felt her breath catch. “Does that, er, happen often?”

“It can be a bit of a problem,” Louise said, as if she had not just revealed a terrifying piece of information that sat like a bomb in the corner of her corner office, ticking away.

Piggy swallowed, took a deep breath, and prepared for the most important performance of her life.

In the end, Tandy didn’t look very frightening. A small slip of a pig, she had the special brand of limp blonde hair only produced by a third-class salon and the slumped shoulders of a waitress who had dreamed of being a star. Though she was certainly beautiful and plumply pig-ish, Tandy still managed to look waif-like; the biggest thing about her was her protruding abdomen.

Piggy smiled at her gently, trying her best to project motherly competence as well as her usual air of glamour and sophistication. “Bonjour, Tandy. It is a pleasure to meet you. Moi’s name is Miss Piggy.”

“Hello,” Tandy said, her voice twanging slightly.

“How are you feeling today?”
Stymied, Piggy settled for simply smiling at the young pig. Luckily Louise took that moment to break in, gesture Tandy to a chair and hand her what looked like a large pile of paperwork and smiled her shark smile. “So, Tandy, if you are still in agreement with my client in regards to the custody of your daughter and are satisfied with the terms I’ve outlined, we may be able to get this whole business tied up in a day.”

“Oh…yes,” Tandy said in a small voice, her hand going protectively to her stomach.

Tandy’s eyes flickered to her and Piggy could feel her weighing the designer suit and handbag, the genuine diamond and pearl necklace, the perfectly made-up face, and her coiffed, just-from-the-most-exclusive-salon-in-town hair. Her face contorted into a funny kind of rueful, self-mocking smile, the most expression Piggy had seen from her yet. For a minute she was almost certain Tandy was thinking of walking away. But instead she shook her head, sat back in her chair, and began to examine the documents in front of her.

Piggy let out a sigh of relief. This was all going to work.

Your Worship

Reaction score
This took so long to write--you have no idea.

The phone call came, predictably enough, in the middle of the night. Piggy came awake with an unladylike snort to the sound of Moonlight Sonata played in the bleat of cell phone. She groped for it, pushing up her sleepmask and groggily asking, “Hello?”

“Miss Piggy? I’m sorry to disturb you so late, but you said you wanted to know the minute Tandy went into labor. They just called me—she’s at the hospital.”

“Oh—” it took a moment to sink in. “Oh—yes, of course I’ll be right there.”

“I’ll meet you there,” came her agent’s firm, authoritative voice. “Good-bye.”

Piggy nodded automatically. “Yes, good-bye.” Then she flew into action, tossing off her coverlet and reaching for what she ironically referred to as her maternity suit. It was just the right combination of motherly frills with a dash of power and a twist of fashionista. She wriggled into it, tossed her hair up, grabbed a matching purse and hurried to the door. She was going to see her baby!

~~~~~~~~

Louise was waiting for her at the entrance to the maternity ward, her expression grim. Piggy felt an icy chill go down her spine. Surely nothing was wrong with her baby?

“Miss Piggy, before you go in—I need to speak with you.”

“Oh—is it important, I really wanted to—”

Louise cut her off with an awful kindness in her voice. “Yes, I’m afraid it’s extremely important.” She led her to a nearby chair and sat down next to her. “Tandy had the baby an hour ago; she’s a healthy piglet, no complications or problems.”

“Then why—”

“She wants to keep her,” Louise said. Piggy froze. Louise continued to talk, but Piggy didn’t hear it, not until she finally mentioned suing for breach of contract.

“No.”

“No?” Loiuse asked, confused.

“No, I don’t want that. I just…” she stopped. What did she want? What now?

There was a long silence, then, “Tandy wants to talk to you, but not if you don’t feel up to it.”

“No, it’s fine. I want to.” Piggy stood up. The hallway suddenly looked a mile long, the blue and white tiles glinting malevolently. “What room number was it again?” Piggy asked weakly.

“307; do you want me to come with you?”

Piggy felt herself slipping almost by default into gracious runner-up mode, where polite things spilled out of your mouth while inside you screamed and threw things and demanded a recount of the votes. “Oh, thank you, but it isn’t necessary. But, if you would wait here, please. I’ll just be a moment.”

She turned away and Louise touched her arm. “Miss Piggy—don’t give up. I know this is disappointing, but you deserve to be a mother.”

“Yes, I won’t. I mean, these things happen.” She turned away before Louise could see the tears in her eyes. She must look pretty pathetic if even the iron-faced Louse felt sorry for her.

She forced herself to stride confidently down the furiously clean hallway to Tandy’s room. Her heels clacked firmly on the tile at first but had turned into a weak shuffle by the time she reached the door. She knocked softly, hoping there would be no answer, but a voice almost immediately asked her to come in. With no other real options left, she twisted the handle and stepped inside.

“Hello, Tandy.”

The sow burst into tears.

Piggy stood in the doorway awkwardly, not sure where to go with this development.

“I’m so sorry,” Tandy wailed, her snout dripping and her formerly pink skin a blotchy mess. It was impossible not to feel sorry for her.

“It’s all right, Tandy,” Piggy said.

“I just saw her and I loved her so much—I can’t give her away!” she blew her nose on the bedclothes. “I promise, I’ll pay back everything. I’ll get two jobs, and even if it takes the rest of my life—”

“No, Tandy,” Piggy said firmly, a bit surprised at herself. “I didn’t come in here for that. Forget about the money; it was a gift.”

Tandy wailed again, her southern accent mingling with her sobs to mangle her words. “You’re so nice! And I’m so horrible—why are you so nice to me?”

Piggy waited until Tandy had recovered enough to be able to breathe. “Because if I had a baby, no one would ever be able to convince me to give her up.” She waited for this to sink in, then smiled tremulously. “Goodbye, Tandy.”

“Wait!” she called. “Do you…want to hold her?”

Miss Piggy finally allowed herself to notice the bassinet in the corner of the room. The sides were high enough that from her position, the baby was invisible. For a moment her weight shifted to take that first step towards the piglet. And then, with an iron will she forced herself to stop.

“I don’t think that would be a very good idea,” she said softly. Then she turned and walked away.

~~~~~~~

Piggy stared at the rows of plastic cribs through the glass partition, each one of them holding a new baby. So many children—but none of them for her. She reached for her bag—she wanted to go home, maybe talk to Kermit over his morning cup of coffee.

A nurse turned the corner and nearly bumped into her; she was carrying a blanket-wrapped bundle in her hands. “Oh—I’m sorry—Oh!” The woman’s eyes widened. “You’re—oh, you’re Miss Piggy, aren’t you. I am such a huge fan!”

Piggy smiled tiredly before her eyes were drawn to the baby. The nurse must have noticed. “Isn’t she a cutie?” the woman burbled. “To think, someone just dropped her off at the fire station—oh no!”

Piggy glanced away from the baby girl, confused, but the nurse was looking beyond her at an older man meandering casually through the hallway in a mostly-open hospital gown.

“Miss Piggy, could you hold her for just a second?” the nurse asked, already passing the baby over.

She stared down at the tiny face, one perfect miniature hand curled into a fist around the blanket’s edge. Her heart stuttered. The nurse hurried back over and reached for the baby that Piggy only reluctantly released.

“What will happen to her?” Piggy asked anxiously.

“Oh, Social Services will be over tomorrow, set up a temporary foster home, and then start looking for someone to adopt her. There’s somebody out there who wants her.”

Piggy watched hungrily as the nurse walked away to put the baby into her plastic bassinet. “Miss Piggy?” Louise called, striding down the hall towards her.

“Louise,” Piggy said firmly, spinning to pin the woman with her most demanding stare. “I need you to do something for me.”