Custom figures and dioramas

j3h

Reaction score

Haha! I began the exact same figure last summer but never completed him yet. I dismantled a spare Smolly and bought a broken Jack Sparrow off eBay for some of the accessories. If you've got a Clifford lying around, you could use his dreads.

I should have enough pieces left over of Smolly to combine with a series one Kermit and also make a shirtless Smollet with the Benjamina tattoo. Need to have someone sew me a little cloth shirt for him to wear.

And speaking of POTC figures being used for Muppet-related customs, I also bought a Barbossa on clearance from the fourth film. I plan to repaint him to be Long John from the end of MTI... he's got the fancy coat, the crutch, he's perfect.

I even thought about replacing the head with a Tim Curry sculpt, possibly from a Rocky Horror Frank N. Furter figure.

Alex
I don't remember if I posted these ages ago or not, but I did do a pirate custom.
while not from POTC or from MTI, I wanted to do a display that used the MTI figures that was more along the line of "if the Muppet Show was on now and Johnny Depp was a guest, this would be a skit they did"...Though I do think they could of used Uncle Deadly as the blind pirate or one of the crew if he wasn't completely forgotten about.
anyway...

Dearth

Reaction score
Thanks!! Very cool to have your blessing. After all, it is your recipe I stole/borrowed. As said, ever since I first saw your custom I wanted to have one myself. My next customs will be all originals!!
No sweat... many's the time I think up a brilliant Muppet custom, only to realize I'm subconsciously copying something Quinn did years before!

Alex

BobbyBenson

Reaction score
hi.im kind of new to the custom muppet making,but i have already collected the entire muppet palisade cast twice.i am very impressed with some of your work,especially dearth's.keep you posted.:smile::wink::big_grin::fanatic::jim:

BobbyBenson

Reaction score
if you guys know hYow to post pics on the site,please tell me.SHOW ME THE WAY!