Video: The Muppet Workshop 1977 from Historic Films

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Very good.

Some thoughts:
  • Interesting how they were rehearsing the sketch with Simon Soundman coming to Ernie's apartment. I wonder if they remade it or if they were just practicing an existing sketch for the sake of an example. Also interesting that the Simon puppet in this footage has legs attached (I just saw episode 1899 on iTunes, which has a scene with him sitting on a stairway but with a box in front of his legs).
  • That "maybe you've seen me on public television" line was funny. Forgetting who performed the lizard, I couldn't tell if it was Richard or Dave (I now remember it was Richard). If it was Dave Goelz it'd be funnier because Dave didn't perform on Sesame Street.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Very neat find there, I have to say.

...But ol' Mr. Fumblenoggin (to quote a Toughpigs article) just had the nerve to get Cookie Monster and Oscar's names wrong! :rolleyes::mad:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That "maybe you've seen me on public television" line was funny....I now remember it was Richard
Yeah it was Richard, and WOW, his Kermit impression was amazing! I did a double take when I realized it wasn't Jim who was talking! :smile: :wink:

Plus Richard doing his best Peter Lorre, always fun, lol.

And love the background music, very retro, hehe.