Life's A Not-So-Happy Song

KittyxMs Pepper

Reaction score
Oh gawsh not the nagging stick...... sorry I haven't updated for awhile, I can only make the chapters when I'm at my dad's house, and I've been having writers block too, I'm actually trying to write the next chapter right now :smirk:

mostlikemokey

Reaction score
Writer's block is annoying. I have it right now. If you need help getting rid of it, check out charlietheowls thread, "The writing process". Hope that helps a little.

mostlikemokey

Reaction score
Great job on a World of Darkness, could you possiby update this as well? Can't wait!

KittyxMs Pepper

Reaction score
New chapter is up after such a long time and after so much asking for the next one :stick_out_tongue: Sorry if the text is too big or too small or whatever, I honestly have no idea what size it was supposed to be. And sorry if it isn't as good as the other chapters...

“Mo
mma?” The purple, fluffy Fraggle said, while opening her eyes slightly, “Momma, that you?” She asked once again, looking off to see the silhouette of some Fraggle. Pepper sat up in her bed, hanging her feet off the edge. The other Fraggle wasn’t doing anything, it wasn’t even moving. She got up from the bed and walked lazily over to him, or her. She didn’t seem to be getting any closer to it, but she was walking. Pepper started to run, she tripped and her knee got scrapped against the cold, hard rocks burying the ground. She started to cry and found that her knee started oozing red liquid. She cried even louder but was stopped by the Fraggle.

“No need to cry, we’ll have lots of fun!” The unknown Fraggle who surprisingly looked a lot like Boober started doing flips in the air then grabbed Pepper by her small, fragile hands. He spun her around and around multiple times before dropping her to the ground once again. She started to cry again, except this time even louder. He just floated around and started to laugh.
"Pepper wake up!” She was awoken by two Fraggles vigorously shaking her awake. Pepper looked at them both then jumped up, standing up in her bed; she jumped into the taller Fraggle, Mokey’s arms and started to sob into her shoulder.

"Mommy, he was there” Pepper said, staring off into the distance.

Mokey looked pepper straight into her big eyes, “who was there, sweetie?”

"Daddy, daddy there. Except he wear funny clothes!” She giggled slightly, and looked at Boober. Mokey looked at Boober and knew right away who it was.

"Pepper, if daddy was there, why were you crying?” Mokey asked her, sounding really concerned.

"I tripped and booboo appear on knee. Then daddy pick me up and start to spin me around. Then daddy drop me back onto rocks and start laughing” She replied, Pepper had stopped crying and was now just answering the questions, unaware that it wasn’t daddy in her dream.

"Wh-What’s going on?” Said a sleepy voice from behind them.

"Pepper’s just having a bad dream, Red, you can go back to sleep.”

"Oh, okay, g’night” Red fell straight asleep right after she replied.

"And you need to go back to sleep too, Pepper” Boober said. Mokey just looked at him, “well it’s unhealthy for a young Fraggle to not get any sleep!” Pepper yawned and started to doze off in her mother’s arms.

"Should we tell her? That’s it’s not you?” Mokey whispered to Boober, trying not to awaken Pepper.

"She might not understand, but if we must, it will be tomorrow, when we’re wide awake” Boober said, sighing. He hugged Mokey and kissed Pepper on the forehead, “Sweet dreams, Pepper” He whispered to her before walking out of the room. Mokey walked back over to her bed and sat down, Boober appeared at the doorway once again, “If she has a bad dream again, come get me, okay? Um… would you like something too? Maybe a tea or-“

"Boober,” Mokey laughed under her breath, “Just go to bed” Boober nodded and slowly walked out of sight.

Mokey laid down in her bed and put Pepper beside her, afterwards putting a blanket on each of them. Hopefully Pepper wouldn’t have a bad dream this time.

“Hello again Pepper!” The cheerful Fraggle said to her.

“Hi daddy!” Pepper said, running to give him a hug. She hugged him but it was difficult with the clothes he had on. He slightly hugged her back and smiled.

“Pepper, lets play a game now!” He said, doing slips and dancing around in the air.

“What game?” She said curiously.

“Let’s play tug-a-tail!” He then grabbed her tail and started to pull at it.

“No daddy stop it hurt!” Pepper said while trying to get her tail back,

“But it’s so much fun!” The Boober look-a-like said while laughing.
”Pepper, time to wake up now” She heard a faint voice say to her. She opened her eyes wide enough to see that it was just her mother, Mokey. Pepper stood up and looked around, rubbing her eyes. She swung her arms around her mom, pulling her into a big hug. She then jumped up out of bed and ran around.

”What are we going to do today mommy?!” Pepper was jumping over everything and even knocking some things down, can I go see daddy? Where’s Red gone? Can I go swimming?” She finally got tired of running and plopped down on the ground, panting.

Mokey laughed to herself and replied; “Yes we can go see daddy--” She got cut off by Boober entering the room.

”Is everything alright, did she have another bad dream?” He asked, sounding really worried.

”Yes she’s alright, Pepper wants to go swimming with Red, is that alright with you?” The light purple Fraggle asked Boober.

”Well… I’m not sure if she’s old enough to go swimming by herself yet… what if she’s not big enough? What if--”

”Well if she’s been swimming before I’m pretty sure she can go again” Mokey relied to him, “And we would be there with her, so what could happen?”

”I guess you’re right, I’m sorry. So,” He quickly said changing the subject, “What time did you girls wake up at?” He looked at Pepper, who was looking at some of the paintings that Mokey drew, then getting some paint and dipping her hands in it, smearing the paint all over the floor.

”Well we woke up not to long ago, actually” Mokey replied, lifting up Pepper and bringing her to Boober, “here, get her cleaned up then we can go swimming” She kissed him on the cheek and went to make the bed. Boober carried Pepper to his place, being careful that she didn’t get and paint on him. He dipped her into some water and started to wash the paint off with soap.

”Daddy, why you keep going in dreams?” Pepper asked her father, rubbing her hands together under water.

”Well, sweetie, that’s not exactly me, that’s the other side of me, Sidebottom” He responded to her question. Boober lifted her up and started drying her off with a towel that was nearby.

”Who Sidebottom?” Pepper asked, giggling. Boober took Pepper and sat her on his bed, and sat beside her.

”Sidebottom is the fun side of me, you wouldn’t understand”

”But daddy, you fun with no Sidebottom”

”Pepper, Sidebottom is inside of me”

”Oh no! Daddy why you eat Sidebottom?!” Pepper said, staring at his stomach.

”I didn’t eat him, how about I just tell you when you’re older so you’ll understand?”

”But daddy…”

“You two ready to go? Oh look at you, Pepper, you look so nice and clean” She smiled and gestured for them to come with her. Pepper grabbed his hand and ran after her mother.

”Yay, swimming!” Pepper grabbed her mom’s hand and skipped in between the two of them. Boober just sighed and smiled.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Ah ha! So the mysterious dream she had was the fun side of Boober, Sidebottom. Good job, KittyxMs Pepper. I would love to see what happens next when Red and Pepper are swimming & maybe the secrets of Sidebottom. Don't worry! I won't spoil you! Please post more soon.

mostlikemokey

Reaction score
Yeah! I loved this chapter! I ask you nicely, (not demandingley) for more!