Mouth Plates?

Animal31

Reaction score
I would check out some of the other forums that focussed on this as well, just do a search for Mouth Plates.....

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Someone suggeste Linoleum Tiles....I've only made a couple puppets and they were disasters but I found some plasitc that was heavy enough but could be cut in the craft section many years ago...I think it was a quiltin plate or something like that.

Melonpool

Reaction score
I use s plastic "For Sale" type sign for the upper palette (You can cut them with scissors. They should be fairly rigid plastic) and gasket rubber for the lower. My mouths are pretty large, though -- so it needs the structure of the for sale sign to keep it from frowning all the time. The rubber is very flexible. You also might try plastic place mats, thick vinyl or gator board.

WillyThePig

Reaction score
I like to use plastic Rubbermaid of sterilite containers they are pretty sturdy but flexible enough that they won't crack. They are also fairly easy to cut of you have good scissors.

Goochman

Reaction score
I use either gasket rubber if I'm looking for something flexible, or if I want something solid I use foam core.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I'm making my first puppet and using gasket rubber. It looks really good, but the contact cement I used doesn't stick to it so well.

Goochman

Reaction score
What kind are you using? I use DAP original and it's never failed me.