Question about Signed Prints

richard1226

Reaction score
hi. i found this signed numbered print at my goodwill yesterday while looking for a unique gift for my niece. her name is ashley so i had to buy it. can anyone tell me anything about these prints and the full name of the illustrator? where these officially licensed prints? thanks for any help you can give me. it is signed and numbered in pencil by kim.

Lola p

Reaction score
i think it could have been a fan picture. Either way, i think it would make an Awsome gift for you niece.

richard1226

Reaction score
i considered that, but i found this print with the same signature printed instead of signed that wasnt numbered for sale on ebay. it has to be artwork from one of the books. i tried to find a list of sesame street book illustrators, but no luck.

Lola p

Reaction score
Hm, dont know what to tell you then. I just searched for a half hour trying to find something like it, but had no luck. Have you tried the muppet wiki?

richard1226

Reaction score
anyone? i have figured out it is "ernie presents the letter a". still no idea who the artist is, but it was available as an unsigned print after the hand signed edition of 500 was gone. i got #494, so right at the end. of course my niece thought it was boyish, so she got a barbie instead. i guess i will just ebay it and hope for the best.

richard1226

Reaction score
bump. i still havent found any info on this artist other than the unsigned prints of this for sale on ebay. anyone?

Mazarith

Reaction score
I have one from the same book also "signed" by KIM. It is from the The Sesame Street Storybook, 1971...looks like you already figured that out. The drawing you have was illustrated by Mel Crawford. Mine is from the story "Shapes of Things to Eat", illustrated by Mike Frith, so I'm thinking that the Kim signature is of whoever made the prints. If you would like, I can post a photo.