Muppet Childhood Memories

basicallygood

Reaction score
One thing I always remebered was the Muppet- Vision 3D probably becuase I was in DisneyWorld so much
I think that had a lot to do with the building of my Muppet obsession over the years. I still remember seeing it when I was three the first time I went to Disney World and completely falling head over heels for Kermit. I think at one point I even told my mom I wanted to marry him. :embarrassed:

Misskermie

Reaction score
Yeah, for me, it either has to be icecream, or chocolate cheesecake!

Misskermie

Reaction score
Me too! WHY DID WE HAVE TO TALK ABOUT CAKE?!?!?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Me too! WHY DID WE HAVE TO TALK ABOUT CAKE?!?!?
Lol, well just have to wait for the next birthday then. I actually did ask for a Muppet themed one a couple years ago and thankfully no one thought it was too weird, lol.

Misskermie

Reaction score
Lol, well just have to wait for the next birthday then. I actually did ask for a Muppet themed one a couple years ago and thankfully no one thought it was too weird, lol.
Yeah, well
you're lucky. On my 13th birthday, I said that I wanted my next birthday to be Fozzie themed, but they all laughed in my face!!!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah, well
you're lucky. On my 13th birthday, I said that I wanted my next birthday to be Fozzie themed, but they all laughed in my face!!!
Aw, well that probably would have happened to me too, blah! Lol :stick_out_tongue:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to put this, but I think this thread fits.

Naturally one of my cherished childhood Muppet memories was Pete's Diner in MTM. Well now I'm looking at Muppet Wiki where it says, "The site used as the exterior (208 Varick Street in New York, NY) is currently a McDonald's Express."

Wow...OK I wish I had seen that sooner because I've actually had to pass that location several times recently! If I'd known I would have taken pictures! Lol. :wink:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Honestly I'm not even sure how I got into The Muppets...I remember loving The Muppet Babies when it originally aired. I unfortuantely wasn't even born yet when The Muppet show originally ran but I did watch it when it used to air on Disney channel.

I had some muppet toys when I was little as well. The ones that stick out to me were I had a blue piano with Kermit on it. and I used to have a Kermit and Miss Piggy doll because I loved The Muppet babies and my parents got them for me for Christmas. Funny story my grandfather (god rest his soul) I learned this from my mom recently that he saw my piggy doll one time and said that was the ugliest doll he had ever seen but he didn't know she was a pig. LOL! :mad:

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Great conversation. If there's one thing I love it's waxing nostalgic. My earliest Muppet memory is receiving the set of the old 3-inch Fischer Price figures that included Kermit, Piggy, Rowlf, Scooter, Gonzo, Animal, and Fozzie. Each figure came with a white stick that you could insert into a hole in their backs to manipulate them. I was at my grandparents' house and I knew enough about the Muppets to be able to put on a show, though I don't consciously remember having watched TMS before that time. It was great because my grandpa was actually a big fan of TMS. Tothis day, I can still see myself crouched behind my grandparents' counter as they played the part the enraptured audience.

Just moments later my dad and uncles tackled the problem of trying to get the very top-heavy Animal to stand on his own. The solution: turn his bottom half 180 degrees and get his wiry arms turned upwards.