Rumor: New Sesame Street Movie in the Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
Wait, isn't Warner Bros. the current owner of Sesame Street? Or is that just merchandising rights?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Again, this begs the question... they couldn't get Jim Lewis to write The Muppets because...?
Because Jason and Nick made a script when Disney wasn't doing anything in-house.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Yes, I saw this on IMDB.com this morning. I do hope it will be decent, as I was vastly disappointed in Elmo in Grouchland. I know that film was targeted towards a younger audience, so I do hope this new film will be like Follow That Bird in that will appeal to all ages. Afterall, Big Bird in the airplane chase scene that referenced Hitchcock's "North by Northwest" was pure genius.

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
This is sooo awesome!!!!! I screamed like Piggy about to be on Broadway when I heard the news. First Muppets 2, then the Fraggle deal working again, and now THIS?!?! Best time to be a muppet fan ever!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Now I have to wonder... is this going to be considered the "third" SST movie, and the "first SST movie in thirteen/fourteen years" like how The Muppets was considered the "seventh" Muppet movie, and the "first Muppet movie in twelve years"? Like are CinderElmo and Abby in Wonderland going to "not count" like KSY, IAVMMCM, and MWoO "don't count" because none of them were theatrical movies?

somethingofafan

Reaction score
Please let it be good. Please let it be good. Please let it be really, really good.

Or maybe I should be chanting:

Please let this happen. Please let this happen. Please let this happen.
If you're going to chant the latter, we all need to be chanting the former.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
yes! i am excited for this movie. i wonder if they would make a story revolving around bert ernie and grover making them the MAIN roles and not elmo. i meant we had an elmo movie and big bird movie now maybe we can have a bert grover and ernie movie.

Maybe some big named cameos and some old characters brought back :search::stick_out_tongue::frown::insatiable::wisdom::grouchy::super::batty::laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.