Contest: Design art for Fraggle Rock 30th anniversary merchandise

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Just heard about this contest the other day and am super excited! Really glad the deadline was pushed back. I'm not sure if this is allowed (the rules say you can't use something already published, so hopefully posting this beforehand doesn't disqualify me), but I wondered if I could get some feedback on my entry. I'm doing all five main Fraggles in a very stylized way, using only the straight-line and paint bucket tools in Photoshop. Here's Red, and I'm working on the rest. I don't expect to win, but second place would be really cool. Does anyone have any feedback/critiques on this? Any suggestions before I move on to the other 4? I'd really appreciate it.

Wow! I don't believe it! You are an artist well like Mokey. I would love you to work on the other 4. This is amazing and very creative. Lovely! You get doozer sticks or radishes for a job well done. You know what? Just kidding! (laughs)!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Most of my stuff is done primarily with markers. I recently bought a new set of Prismacolor markers with these neat " brush " tips so I broke them in for this. This has colored pencils & some acrylic paint too. Oh, I dunno for sure if it helped but I actually used marker paper instead of just whatever I had laying around as well.I also have a set of Prismacolor pens too. For the outlines, I used umm... some sort of dark umber pen. I have a .005 width and a .05. I dunno if I use markers in the " professional " manner. I kind of use them like I'm painting and there's a lot of saturation.... I don't have much trouble with bleeding though.

I'm sure there are other entries but I haven't thought to look yet.

It was too easy to submit a JPEG actually. Just as long as it's less that 6 MB. I think mine was like 2 MB. But it's one of those deals where it just links you to your own files... like the way it does when you submit something to Deviant Art or... anywhere actually. From what I understand, the winning entries will have to send PSD or TIFF versions, but the key word there is " winning ", so, we don't have to concern ourselves with that yet. Plus, I'm sure they'll be able to help the winners out when the time comes.

Hope that helps. :smirk:
E-gad, I hope your stuff wins (uh... won... in the process of... uh)... We need that breathtaking style of yours on official merchandise. You know I follow you on DA... and it's way too good to just be fan art.

Yoda Man

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words, Collgoff and muppetfan24/7! I really appreciate it. I guess I'll get started on the other four ASAP.

Foodie

Reaction score
E-gad, I hope your stuff wins (uh... won... in the process of... uh)... We need that breathtaking style of yours on official merchandise. You know I follow you on DA... and it's way too good to just be fan art.

Heh heh. Aw shucks. Still have a month or so 'til we find out. :smirk: