New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Time should not have been an issue. I'm not really sure what to tell you other than pm The Count (thats his username. Otherwise known as Ed.) He was online recently, so he is listed under the Staff Online Now box on the index of the forum. Or just skip that and try posting again :/

Also, since we are on the subject, game threads and RP threads are always deleted unless approved by a staff member first.

VP Weirdo

Reaction score
Time should not have been an issue. I'm not really sure what to tell you other than pm The Count (thats his username. Otherwise known as Ed.) He was online recently, so he is listed under the Staff Online Now box on the index of the forum. Or just skip that and try posting again :/

Also, since we are on the subject, game threads and RP threads are always deleted unless approved by a staff member first.
I'll probably just try again tommorow. It's nice to know of entered sure a helpfull community. So thanks again for reading.

mo

Reaction score
I'm a rather bummed out at the moment, as it looks like my first thread starting message was accidently deleted in the editing process!
sorry were you making a new thread or something?

Arthur Smith

Reaction score
Hi there! I'm just starting in puppet making. I have only been making puppets since May 2012 and have kind of jumped in with both feet (I've made about a dozen rod-arm puppets and am on my 2nd full-size, wearable one). You can see my attempts at
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150814899633152.399674.542023151&type=3.

I am looking for ideas, tips and tricks and w
ould love to get like minded people together to share ideas and creations So I created a Facebook page called "Making Puppets" where you can also see my creations and post your own. Please check out and share
Thanks!
Arthur

galagr

Reaction score
Welcome to Muppet Central! Wipe your feet on the mat before you come in!

Coz UK

Reaction score
Hello from England!
Longtime Muppet fan (I can remember watching Jim Henson performing Kermit on Blue Peter... it was a long while back!).

As a kid I found a Fisher Price Kermit at a flea market, and after due deliberation, cut a hole in the back of his neck for my hand. Please, forgive me - I was but a child!

I did have the forethought to slit the fabric under his pointy collar, tho.
It soon got too small for my mitts, however, so I ended up restuffing Kermits head and patching up my pre-adolescent scissor work.
I still have him. He's a little rough round the edges, and his eyes are all scratched with poorly magic-markered pupils, but I still have him.

I remember watching Fraggle Rock with Fulton Mackay - well, when he was in the show, that is. He wasn't visiting or anything! I wanted my own Doozer! Still do, if I'm honest.

I remember watching Sesame Street when it still aired on UK TV! I was too old for it then, but I'd watch for the Muppet bits.

I'm soon to be an uncle, so I jumped at the excuse (ahem) to get on with some Uncle-y things, so puppets fit the bill very well. I've been a movie prop fan for a while now, so some of the skills will transfer over, I'm sure.
I used to customise action figures, so I'm no stranger to jabbing myself with a needle.

I've finished up one puppet, (posted my little red guy in Building) put together to polish my sewing skills and get practical hands-on (or is is that up?) experience.

Hopefully I'll have some ideas and information to share before long!
I already got a few questions to ask, too. :smile:

Thanks for having me,
Coz.

Hubert

Reaction score
Hey Coz! Welcome to the forum! This is the place for longtime Muppet fans, (and shorttime for that matter), so you should fit right in hear!

:insatiable:: Did somebody say shortbread? Me want cookie!