Positive And Negative: Kermit's Swamp Years (Opinions on KSY)

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Oh lol! I was confused! I was like "huh?" Well in that case knock yourselves out. :smile:

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Hmm Kermit's Swamp Years. I got to watch my DVD of that again. Haven't watched it in awhile.

Pros - An Idea of Kermit's humble begainings. Lots of awesome inside Jim Henson background gags not to mention see a young actor play Jim saying "hmmm" then a pan to The Henson's mailbox. I loved that. :smile:

I think there was this funny blooper on the reel with Bill Baretta talking to a frog with a Spanish accent. lol

Isn't a younger Waldorf and Statler in the movie too?

Con - Seeing a Frog's butt? UGH! Don't need to show that. Besides, that's where the hand goes. (Corny puppetry joke, couldn't resist. lol), But yeah I totally agree too much scat humor and that dark CGI fly. Though I can't remember the plot much except for the dog with a familiar voice, some bully toad, The one with the glasses performed by Joey M (I need to learn this guy's name, he works on Sesame). And something about saying no to science teachers who are trying to study the inside of frogs. Other than that, that's it. And as a Muppet fan, one I see something, I can remember 90% of it but with this...hmmm, I hate to say the plot is a con because I got to see it again.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Hmm Kermit's Swamp Years. I got to watch my DVD of that again. Haven't watched it in awhile.

Pros - An Idea of Kermit's humble begainings. Lots of awesome inside Jim Henson background gags not to mention see a young actor play Jim saying "hmmm" then a pan to The Henson's mailbox. I loved that. :smile:

I think there was this funny blooper on the reel with Bill Baretta talking to a frog with a Spanish accent. lol

Isn't a younger Waldorf and Statler in the movie too?

Con - Seeing a Frog's butt? UGH! Don't need to show that. Besides, that's where the hand goes. (Corny puppetry joke, couldn't resist. lol), But yeah I totally agree too much scat humor and that dark CGI fly. Though I can't remember the plot much except for the dog with a familiar voice, some bully toad, The one with the glasses performed by Joey M (I need to learn this guy's name, he works on Sesame). And something about saying no to science teachers who are trying to study the inside of frogs. Other than that, that's it. And as a Muppet fan, one I see something, I can remember 90% of it but with this...hmmm, I hate to say the plot is a con because I got to see it again.
Yes they are seen much younger.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Muppets Wizard of Oz could be good! It's not terrible, but I ccan think of some cons.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
But can you think of any pros? *joke*
Yes. I do enjoy most of it! The main flaws are basically Ashanti not being the best choice for sweet little Dorothy. She wasn't perfect, but in every other version she did want to go back to her aunt and uncle, and I was hoping Rowlf would be Toto.I'd like to do one with both pros and cons in a good supply.