MR's Fozzie Prototype found!

ButchCat

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

This is amazing. Why didn't I get that much? "Whimper" "Whimper" Serously It says on the site that (there is an opening on his back from manufacture (this is not damage). This is not correct as I never left an opening in the back. There for it has been ripped or cut into. My guess is that it may have been the guys in china that did it to see how he was built before they backed out.

Good luck to whoever gets him.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Thanks for the update Terry! It's an honor to be speaking to you :big_grin:

Have you ever thought of making Posers for your own collection? I know with the talent you have, you would be able to build any character you wanted to!

ButchCat

Reaction score
Hi Muppetboy,

I have made a Kermit poser for my mother and although I have made no posers for myself I have made a Kermit and Fozzie puppet for myself.

Way back when I made the posers for Master Replicas I was almost finished with making the head for my own Gonzo puppet but Master Replicas wanted to borrow it to help them show China how to make the head. I never saw that Gonzo head ever again and i didn't have anymore of that white foam that was the right size. Sadly to order foam from Rogers foam you must order no lower than $800.00 in foam. Too much for me and that was the end of my Gonzo puppet.

What have we learned? Never trust a company when they promise and swear that they will return something.

Later ye all.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
There's not a cat in a hot places chance that he'll get £12,500 for it - he's clearly either delusional or on "medication"! Bear in mind (pun intended!), he originally had it on the site for months and months at £5,000 with no takers, so the logic of more than doubling the price is crazy!! We've just been through a period where the Muppets have been back in the public consciousness for the first time in years - if it was going to sell, it would have been during the height of this exposure. That level of interest will be on the wain up until the release of the sequel unless Disney have plans to create TV specials, constant web videos etc etc in the interim to maintain the current popularity. I may be proved wrong, but I highly doubt it!

Rugby

Reaction score
Terry, nice to see you on the boards again! Say, I am the guy that ended up with Randolph the Red-Nosed Monster. His eyes have been somehow scratched or smudged in two places(through lots of use, but he's still in great condition). They look like black marks. I thought of touching them up with paint, but was wondering if you could recommend what brand/color I should use to do this(maybe private message if possible?)

I also wanted to let you know I used Randolph(along with my Kermit poser and real 8x10 autograph of Jim) to do a speech on Jim Henson and the Muppets in a speech class I took this spring(went back to school after being laid off a year ago), using him to show the class what a hand/rod puppet was along with giving you full credit as the creator. They were absolutely thrilled. You should have seen everyone's eyes light up, people from 16 into their 50's. It was a huge success! It was a lot of fun and I ended up with a perfect grade. I have had so much fun with Randolph over the years. I just wanted say hello and thank you again for your wonderful piece of work.

Cheers,
Bob
aka Rugby