THE MUPPETS at Madame Tussauds??

BradMan

Reaction score
maybe if it was a wax figure of jim henson and a screen used kermit puppet
i would definitely see that!

bandit

Reaction score
To say, "Hey, they aren't the real deal" is kinda like saying, "The Muppets Hollywood Star isn't visiting the real Muppets." Of course its not, but its a HUGE honor to be included!
I'm actually surprised to realize that the Muppets ARN'T there already.
That's it exactly! I've never been particularly interested in a Wax Museum....due in part to the inherent creepiness of their corpse-like appearances and gross sheen coming off the figures.....BUT, Beauregard is right. There is a certain sense of being recognized and honored when a celebrity is included in one of these things. It's kind of a big deal. Kind of. I mean, heck, I've seen plenty of pictures of the Electric Mayhem display in the sourvenir shop. I'm pretty sure those guys aren't the real deal either.
I know some of you mentioned having Jim with the Kermit Muppet on and how that would be an issue for Disney but the solution's simple.
Just have Jim standing among the Muppets. He doesn't have to be WIELDING them! They can all just look like a group of old friends. We're buds! Hahaha

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
I would love, love, love to see that. It would be a great tribute. However, I am all but certain that it will never happen, as Disney has been very adamantly avoiding showing the characters as puppets. In the past year, have we ever seen the puppeteers working the puppets, puppeteer bloopers in the DVD, etc? Seems they don't want to "break the illusion" that the Muppets are real beings.

I'd love to be proven wrong...
Jim Henson: The Guy Who Played With Puppets has Jim puppeteering Kermit on the cover. I thought it came out last year.

Bear Man

Reaction score
Separate to whether it is a good idea or not, I think it should be pointed out that Madam Tussaud's clothe their waxworks in real clothes, create real-hair wigs, etc. I doubt very much that a Madam Tussaud wax-work of Kermit, Fozzie or any of the others would be rendered in anything other than fur, fabric and fleece.

As for whether it is a good idea, well, I think some others have suggested a good approach, and that is to have a waxwork of Henson surrounded by his characters.