Floyd "in joke"!

muppetperson

Reaction score
Just found out why Floyd is pink.It is a reference to classic band "Pink Floyd"!
I wonder if Zoot is Blue as a reference to "the Blues"? And isnt Dr Teeth based on Elton John?

MissMusical12

Reaction score
Just found out why Floyd is pink.It is a reference to classic band "Pink Floyd"!
I wonder if Zoot is Blue as a reference to "the Blues"? And isnt Dr Teeth based on Elton John?
I don't think Dr. Teeth was based off Elton John.......I thought he was based off someone else. I can't remember who though.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I thought Dr. Teeth was more based on Dr. John than Elton John, Dr. John being a popular keyboardist/singer from New Orleans who had the same sort of loquacious way of speaking and eccentric dress. But I definitely think some Elton John was thrown in there.

Hartley

Reaction score
Watch film of Dr John from the 70s (such as his performance in The Band's fantastic concert film The Last Waltz) and you'll see that he is Dr Teeth :big_grin:

That never even occured to me about Floyd! Maybe I never noticed what colour he is cos most of his face is hidden behind that moustache!

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Actually, Floyd's name and outfit were both inspired by The Beatles' album Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, hence his name Sgt. Floyd Pepper. The way he walks sometimes is based on R. Crumb. Zoot, I don't think he was based on anyone in particular , except that he is supposed to represent the burnt out musician in his 50s.

DrDientes

Reaction score
Zoot is based in the Argentine saxophonist Gato Barbieri, according to Muppet Wiki.