"Jump the Shark" Thread

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I first heard of the term "Jump the Shark" because of the website (I haven't checked that site out in years). Knowing it was named after what Fonzie did on the show, I sort of wondered, "why not just call it 'jump the trashcans'?" Besides, I like the episode where Fonzie jumped the shark, but don't care much for the episode where he jumped over trash cans.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I first heard of the term "Jump the Shark" because of the website (I haven't checked that site out in years).
Because TV Guide bought the website, then did away with it. Seriously, it doesn't exist anymore.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Because TV Guide bought the website, then did away with it. Seriously, it doesn't exist anymore.
They closed it down, aw man! I used to love that site's trivia feature. I remember being so impressed once because they had a list of unsolved stumpers and I knew the answer to one of them. It was something about The Cosby Show, which was my favorite show back in the day when it was Nick at Nite.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
While not entirely the same, I'm really impressed with similar trivia and stumpers for just about everything on TV Tropes.

Hayley B

Reaction score
The Smurfs- When they added the smurflings and along with that Sasette. I stopped watching them as a kid.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Patridge Family-When Little Ricky came in to the picture.
Hazel-When the Baxters were replaced with their cousins.
Big Comfy Couch-When Loonette was replaced.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Smurfs- When they added the smurflings and along with that Sasette. I stopped watching them as a kid.

The worst was when they traveled through time. And yet, the entire movie was based off of that concept. The movie was based on the concept of the worst part of the Smurfs cartoon when everyone outgrew them and stopped caring...

at least in the US.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know there was a concept that a show could jump the shark from day one, so here's my list of shows that I think did just that:

• Baby Daddy (Seriously? A FAMILY sitcom about a baby daddy? Are you kidding me?)
  • The Big Bang Theory
  • Chelsea Handler's sitcom where she plays her own sister and someone else plays her (did she really even need her own sitcom in the first place?)
  • Dr. Oz's new reality series (Hey, I like Dr. Oz, but do we really need a reality series about watching life-saving surgeries and operations?)
  • Don't Trust the B---- in Apt. 23 (Ugly show)
  • Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends (but really, almost all new Cartoon Network shows since 2004)
  • Glee
  • Any Kardashian spin-off reality series.
  • New Girl (haven't heard anything positive about it)
  • The Secret Life of the American Teenager
  • Snooki's new reality series.
  • Whitney (haven't heard anything positive about it either)
To name a few.

Bryan M

Reaction score
The Big Bang Theory! hahahaha... ya I really wanted to like that show :frown: