It's Not Late Show

Steven J

Reaction score
We are in the process of starting a new web series, which will be available on both our website, and on YouTube. It's kind of a mix between the Muppets, and The Late Show. We started a project on KickStarter to raise funds for necessary equipment, and sets - and to say the least, thus far it hasn't gone as planned. We have 9 days left to the project, we were planning once the project on kickstarter was finished, we would begin filming. I didn't want to post anything about the project here - but as it isn't going well, I didn't have much of a choice. If you would consider helping us out with any amount, it would be appreciated! Puppets, are already taken care of - either built by us, or made by other companies - so at least that is taken care of, now to complete the rest.

FYI - the show will have weekly episodes, unless it really takes off, in which case we have been kicking around the idea of doing a daily show.

The link for the project on kickstarter is: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2124751744/its-not-late-show

Again thank you to everyone, thank you for reading, and thank you for the awesome forum!

Bryan M

Reaction score
What are going going to do with the $3000? you already have the puppets! that's 75% of the battle. cameras are cheap these days! I'm guessing you already have them... webcams, cellphones, someone you know has atleast 3 handycams with 5 inches of dust, i promise. rough video--so long as it is well lit--works or is forgivable at least. focus on audio, your audience wont forgive anything that isnt loud and clear, but can be done on the cheap too... kinda. sets can be made out of anything! scout the local areas on heavy trash days or just get cardboard boxes and build something... if you cant get nice things, make busted stuff your theme! dont give up because you dont have money, that is a retarded reason to quit. GET IT DONE.

Steven J

Reaction score
We are in need of cameras (looking at 3 HD handi cams), lighting (Going the flourescent bulb route, bulbs are $19 each, and the workshop type clamp fixtures to put them in roughly $10 each), sets this is where it gets tricky - we are doing this Henson style - we have begun building a platform (2ft off the ground - some materials were donated for this), and my partner designed the rest of the set - going with a late night talk show theme, there is still roughly $1,000 needed for building materials, I already put in about $1,000 myself for materials, and needed tools. That is for the main set, we opted for an actual set, versus green screening it as the close proximity of the puppets to the backdrop would prove almost impossible to extract all green due to color spillage. The remaining sets for the most part will be green screen, but there are smaller set pieces that will need to be built. Sound equipment, we were told figure at least $1000 to do it correctly (from our sound production instructor - mics for each puppeteer, mixing board, and necessary software - this could potentially be cut down, but with the cheaper cameras there is no way to plug the soundboard into them, so the software is necessary).

The amount we hope(d) to raise, is low-balled, as I have been putting the majority of every paycheck into this (my partner would contribute, but he has DMD and is confined to a power wheelchair - his income is extremely limited). This was an idea of his, as he knows how much I enjoy getting to play with puppets, and entertaining people, but we wanted to use what we are learning in school for a larger project - that is how the idea for the It's Not Late Show was born!

Weather or not the amount is raised, we will continue to forge ahead with the project, we just won't be able to start filming as soon as we had hoped.

Bryan M

Reaction score
Ah! Outstanding! Please forgive my punk rock DIY suggestions then! Any good sound/video equipment rental places in your area?