Film Festival Puppet video ideas?

muppetlover123

Reaction score
i need ideas im entering a contest with my puppets and i need to get an idea any help is appreciated deadline September 7th

Bryan M

Reaction score
can you post a picture of the puppets you are going to use?

muppetlover123

Reaction score
i cant but i have a monkey a lion a old guy and a dark skined afro head dude and a angry looking bird

Bryan M

Reaction score
A line up like that should write itself :smile: Have a scenario that really brings out the personalities of the puppets. I can imagine the gang trying to play a game, it could be easy as yahtzee or as complex as dungeons and dragons. the props involved are as simple as a card table, dice, pencils and paper. i'd have the bird be the organizer of the game and get flustered when the others cant get with the program. old guy can tell stories of his glory days but trail off before really making a point, monkey is trying to cheat whenever possible, lion doesnt understand the rules, and afro dude can be the balance to play off the craziness of the others.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
ohh thanks do you have another idea cuz we were thinkning about taking 3 ideas writing scripts filming and then showing people to see which one they liked the best.. :smile:

Bryan M

Reaction score
The old guy and the afro dude are talking to one another, their voices are a off and unconvincing and the their mannerisms are a little unrefined. after a while we get the idea that they are being puppeteered by the monkey and the lion. we hear "CUT!" and an actual person stands up and is conversing with an off camera director (angry bird)... after the bird puppeet is revealed, you'll have all the puppets get up and argue about their direction or motivation in that scene or their lack of actual speaking lines.

Bryan M

Reaction score
I'm a better writer when I'm drunk, but then my typing goes to ****.

Bryan M

Reaction score
they censored that? i havent been scolded for that word since private school. i'll have to remember to say 'heck' from now on.