Remembering Fred Rogers...

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Those tributes were beautiful. Thanks, everyone, for sharing.

sidcrowe

Reaction score
I would love a compilation CD of his songs. Liner notes and everything :sing:

sidcrowe

Reaction score
Thanks. I like the CD cover where he's in the car. I didn't think he ever was seen leaving the neighbourhood :wink:

DirthNader

Reaction score
a little late

I haven't been in here for a while, but I was very saddened to hear the news. I woke up, ready to go to class, turned on the teli', and was shocke to learn of his passing. My wife walked into the room as it was being announced and we both turned to each other in disbeleif.

Mr. Rogers is a bond that many of us share. He can never be replaced and hope that, wherever the here after takes us, he is there, singing his heart out.

TidusEstar

Reaction score
Hey all, having no computer and no tv until just today I found out that Mr. Rodgers had passed away, being from his home town of Latrobe, Pennsylvania I was shocked and a little angry, because usually people would talk about this. He's one of the only shows I remember watching when I was little, that and of course Seasme Street. I don't know if anybody knows but there is the only ride decidtated to Mr. Rodgers at the local theme park here. You sit in the trolley and ride through The Neighboorhood of make believe. It's been awhile since I was on it but I remember walking away smiling, because it ended as every Mr. Rodgers epsiode with It's such a good feeling. Sung by The puppet cast. He rode it when it first was built and I heard that he cried when He stepped off. He will be missed by alot of people, and hopefully his show will live on for years to come.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by TidusEstar
I don't know if anybody knows but there is the only ride decidtated to Mr. Rodgers at the local theme park here. You sit in the trolley and ride through The Neighboorhood of make believe. It's been awhile since I was on it but I remember walking away smiling, because it ended as every Mr. Rodgers epsiode with It's such a good feeling. Sung by The puppet cast. He rode it when it first was built and I heard that he cried when He stepped off. He will be missed by alot of people, and hopefully his show will live on for years to come.
Wow!

If I am ever in Latrobe, I plan to check that out. It sounds great!

Thanks for sharing that with us. I knew a guy from Latrobe once. I had a crush on him in college. I even referred to him as "Shane from Latrobe". You are just stirring up all sorts of nostalgia.

TidusEstar

Reaction score
you guys can check out the website here...www.idlewild.com, click on attractions as soon as the page loads and you'll see it. You knew somebody from Latrobe? Cool. I guess it is a small world.