• The Rainbow Connection

Votes: 24 68.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Powerstars

Reaction score
*thinks about it*
*face turns red*
Random By-Stander: LOOK OUT, HE'S GONNA BLOW!!!
I CAN'T DECIDE!!!

catherine

Reaction score
I love the rainbow connection song, It's sad but happy at the same time. It makes me think of things.

Vincent L

Reaction score
They're both Kermit's theme song, but The Rainbow Connection is more sing-alongable. Besides, it's the first Muppet song I ever heard.

Monstermaster

Reaction score
Both of these songs are good and have a nice message. But I listen to Rainbow Connection the most because it is a very relaxing song to listen to especially at night in my case.

Reaction score
Though I do love The Rainbow Connection, I feel that it better represents The Muppets as a whole than Kermit alone, based on the fact that the message of the song could reflect the idealism and optimism reflected through The Muppets, by having a song that arguably basically reflects the idea that if you work for it you can achieve your dreams, along with the imagery used in the lyrics and the feelings and ideas associated with them. They may possibly even represent Jim Henson in general, because though he has not only worked on muppet projects, they make up a large bulk of his work, and through things like working on Sesame Street-a show that strives to create a better world where there may be more peace, love, and understanding in the world- and showing values similar to those in a universe where people may work together, help each-other more, and be more peaceful at least partially by necessity and at least partially through socialization and closer connections through spending more time with others possibly over time compared to individualist societies, when it comes to collectivist society-though that socioeconomic system may not be promoted-in Fraggle Rock. Back to the point, I feel that Bein' Green seems to show ideas that better reflect what Kermit is like as a character, while reflecting traits that may not necessary reflect the other characters around him, in the way that The Rainbow Connection appears to do that.

Sequelcast

Reaction score
Bein' Green is more about Kermit's condition, although both songs manage to combine optimism and wistfulness in a way few songs do. That being said, I love both songs, especially the Ray Charles cover of Bein' Green.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Bein' Green is more about Kermit's condition, although both songs manage to combine optimism and wistfulness in a way few songs do. That being said, I love both songs, especially the Ray Charles cover of Bein' Green.
Like Wow! I didn't know that. Bein' Green was the first song I listened to when I was younger. That song always made me cry a little, but hey that's one of his favorite songs whenever he feels down. My mom used to sing it to me before I feel asleep. That was many years ago! However, I would say Rainbow Connection is my absolute favorite of all time. I love that song! It is for all the Muppets, not just for Kermit, 'cause sometimes rainbows have connections and Jim found it for the frog. I still miss Jim though. But I am very glad that Steve is doing a fantasic job with Kermit.

So, I would go with Rainbow Connection as my favorite song.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Like Wow! I didn't know that. Bein' Green was the first song I listened to when I was younger. That song always made me cry a little
I remember one time I was listening to Bein' Green and just out of nowhere started crying at the end. I was not expecting that, lol.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I remember one time I was listening to Bein' Green and just out of nowhere started crying at the end. I was not expecting that, lol.
Wow! I felt the same way, when I heard that song from a radio station online after so many years of not hearing or seeing the Muppets for a long time. I really felt like crying saying, "That was the first Muppet or Kermit song I ever heard." I didn't expect that song to come back to me either, but it did.

theSHE124

Reaction score
I like both, especially on Frog Day. Yes, it's Frog Day! Happy Frog Day everybody!! :smile::smile::smile: