How To Create a New Muppet Fan?!!!

Scooters Jacket

Reaction score
I'm not sure who his favorite is, but he does like Animal.

I have most of the compilations, but I think Muppet Revue was released under a different name so I'll wiki it and see.

I wasn't sure about Muppets Go To The Movies as I don't know if he'll get the references.

EDIT: In the UK Muppet Revue is Kermit and Fozzie's Favourites which I think I have! It does have some great sketches.

Vincent L

Reaction score
How about the compilation video Children's Songs and Stories?

And for Muppet show episodes, I suggest Bernedette Peters, Julie Andrews, and Kenny Rogers. Don't show seasons 1 and 5.

Scooters Jacket

Reaction score
I don't have Children's Songs and Stories unfortunately.

I think I'll spend this afternoon going through all my stuff and finding all my videos/DVDs.:smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I wasn't sure about Muppets Go To The Movies as I don't know if he'll get the references.
I went to see a screening of Muppets Go to the Movies at The Paley Center for Media awhile back. There was a little kid in the audience asking her Mom a ton of questions, clearly not getting some things. Her Mom asked if she wanted to leave but she said, "No, I like the Muppets!" :smile:

And I was the same way watching it as a kid. Kids don't get all grown up references, but they work it out. :wink:

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I definitely recommend the Muppets at Walt Disney World special. I must've watched that 1oo times as a kid. Lots of catchy songs.

If you can get your hands on an unedited copy, and you don't mind something Christmas-y, I've always loved A Christmas Toy. Kermit appears at the beginning and end. I've watched it every year since it came out.

MissMusical12

Reaction score
I definitely recommend the Muppets at Walt Disney World special. I must've watched that 1oo times as a kid. Lots of catchy songs.

If you can get your hands on an unedited copy, and you don't mind something Christmas-y, I've always loved A Christmas Toy. Kermit appears at the beginning and end. I've watched it every year since it came out.
I love the Muppets at Walt Disney World special! That would be a great one!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If he's a big Animal fan, I'd recommend Rock Music with the Muppets (if you have that one), since it has a lot of Electric Mayhem numbers (including some solo Animal numbers). I would also recommend showign him the episodes with Rita Moreno (the "Fever" number is one of Animal's best scenes), Harvey Korman (it has two Electric Mayhem numbers AND an interview with Animal), Bob Hope (which sort of focuses on Animal in the backstage plot), and James Coburn (if you have that episode).

Scooters Jacket

Reaction score
OK, so he's here sleeping over and we've made a start.

He enjoyed TMM up to a point and then completely gave up. I ended up watching the end on my own! It's a shame really, but I think whilst the middle section is fun for adults (with some great humor), for someone younger I can see how it drags a little. On the plus side, I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed this movie! I'll try again another time with TMM.

We then watched a couple of TMS episodes (Roger Miller and Lynn Redgrave). He enjoyed these a lot and recognised the opening from the new movie. Say what you like about TM11, if it gets 5-year-olds excited about a TV show from the 70s then it's done its job.

Finally, we watched Muppets Magic, which has all the old Ed Sullivan sketches. This was far and away his favourite so far. The sketches kept his attention and he loved the colorful characters and simple humor. I nearly didn't bother with it as I thought it might look too "old" for him to enjoy.

Tomorrow I think I'll stick to that format and go with some compilations and Muppets at WDW and maybe the singalongs. If we have time I might try MTI. I'm really torn over GMC as I do think the humor may be a bit old for him, but I remember loving that film as a kid.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Can't wait to hear what you and your nephew watch tomorrow. Good to know he liked the Ed Sullivan stuff. Personally, I find The Great Muppet Caper to be more exciting than The Muppet Movie (I felt this way even as a kid).