Mister Rogers Music on Muppet Central Radio

Luke

Reaction score
On the connection speed thing, ever since the station was upgraded it breaks up continually on a 56k dial up over here. I think the better quality was a good step though as the majority are in the states.

I can understand about Mister Rogers. I agree he isn't really Muppet related but if some people enjoy it then thats fine. As an international person i'd never heard of him either so can understand the complaints but American people complain about Hoobs and Moppatop stuff as they've never seen those shows yet they still warrant a place on MC Radio for those international folk that enjoy it. Sounds like a happy balance is being found and thats fine and dandy !

Regarding feedback on what is being played sometimes I think theres a little too much Sesame Street for a Classic Muppet website, especially when those songs appear one after the other. I'd like to see the really well known Muppet movie type songs quite heavy in rotation so people are never far from a song they know. My favourite stuff is mainly the classic Muppet, Fraggle and Hoob tracks. I also agree that somehow that David Bowie track ends up getting selected all the time - maybe he has shares in LIVE365 or something !

muppetfan620

Reaction score
I personally would like to keep the Mr. Rogers music as is, add more muppet babies, and classic muppet show stuff.

Millicent

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just wanted to thank everyone for the feedback so far. I'm making notes of the things being mentioned. Some of these changes have already been implemented, others will be rolled out in the new year.

Keep your comments coming...

Thijs

Reaction score
Luke said:
I can understand about Mister Rogers. I agree he isn't really Muppet related but if some people enjoy it then thats fine. As an international person i'd never heard of him either so can understand the complaints but American people complain about Hoobs and Moppatop stuff as they've never seen those shows yet they still warrant a place on MC Radio for those international folk that enjoy it. Sounds like a happy balance is being found and thats fine and dandy !
The difference is that Mopatop and Hoobs are Muppet-related. Mr. Rogers isn't.

Are there more Dinosaurs songs by the way? I always hear the same two.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are currently 12 Dinosaurs songs in the rotation and they play at the same frequency.