Dark Crystal soundtrack CD

SNLIM

Reaction score
i know i definetly want one, i've always wanted one there's no doubt about that. so as soon as it's announced if i try to get it the first day you think i'd be able to get one?

scarecroe

Reaction score
LOL, they're not Tim McGraw tickets (am I addressing the wrong audience here?) so don't worry about them being gone so quick. There will be 5,000 of them made; that's plenty.

SNLIM

Reaction score
Originally posted by scarecroe
LOL, they're not Tim McGraw tickets (am I addressing the wrong audience here?) so don't worry about them being gone so quick. There will be 5,000 of them made; that's plenty.
whoa, definitely not one to jump at time mc graw tickets...the last concert i attended? paul mc cartney. i would have gone to aerosmith and the elton john/billy joel dual but they were at a bad time :frown: thanks for the help....:stick_out_tongue:

scarecroe

Reaction score
Fans will be pleased to learn that the premiere of the expanded Dark Crystal CD is still scheduled for an April release. Trevor Jones' original notes will be included in the accompanying booklet, as well as interview excerpts from various sources.

Until then, take a look at some of the product's artwork and gander at the track listing....

DISC ONE - The Original Album
  1. The Dark Crystal Overture (3:11)
  2. The Power Ceremony (3:57)
  3. The Storm (1:03)
  4. The Mystical Master Dies (0:51)
  5. The Funerals / Jen's Journey (5:25)
  6. The Skeksis' Funeral (1:41)
  7. The Pod Dance (3:14)
  8. Love Theme (3:17)
  9. Gelfling Song (1:11)
  10. The Gelfling Ruins (1:43)
  11. The Landstrider Journey (0:44)
  12. The Great Conjunction (4:13)
  13. Finale (7:14)
    [/list=1]DISC TWO - The Complete Film Score
    1. Opening Titles and Main Theme / Mystics' Sandpainting (4:54)
    2. Jen Plays His Pipes (0:56)
    3. Jen Goes To His Dying Master (0:39)
    4. The Death of The Emperor / Death of the Mystic Master / Mystics Memorial Ceremony / Jen's Journey Through the New World (3:18)
    5. Skeksis Debate Leadership / Skeksis Duel (Film Version) (3:10)
    6. Chamberlain Is Attacked (1:10)
    7. Skeksis Summoned By Alarm (0:50)
    8. Garthim Are Dispatched / Jen On Aughra's Mountain (2:29)
    9. Jen Enters Aughra's Observatory (1:11)
    10. Jen Discovers Shard (0:22)
    11. Observatory Destroyed / Mystics Set Out (1:18)
    12. Gelflings Meet / Dreamfast (1:11)
    13. Skeksis Feast - Part One (1:17)
    14. Skeksis Feast - Part Two (0:30)
    15. Batbirds Dispatched / Environmental Musical Sounds / Gelfling Song / Batbird Brought Down / Mystics Traveling #1 (1:15)
    16. Pod Party / Destruction of Pod Village (4:10)
    17. Jen and Kira Love Theme (1:36)
    18. The Prophecy in the Ruins (2:09)
    19. Escape from the Chamberlain / Kira Summons the Landstriders (1:47)
    20. Jen and Kira Set Off On Landstriders / Pod Person Drained (2:37)
    21. The Battle / Mystics Traveling #2 (4:20)
    22. Jen and Kira in the Sewer (1:43)
    23. Kira Brought Before the Skeksis (0:57)
    24. Kira Drained in the Chamber of Life (1:12)
    25. Kira Freed / Jen Goes in Search / Mystic Disintegrates / Mystics Traveling #3 (1:08)
    26. Jen Trapped in Lair / Jen Reaches Chamber of Life (0:26)
    27. Jen Discovers Crystal Chamber (3:40)
    28. Gelfling Frightens the Skeksis / The Crystal Made Whole / Mystics and Skeksis Fuse / Finale / End Credits (16:10)
      [/list=1]Final product subject to change.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Thanks for the update, Scott. I'm not a big fan of Dark Crystal overall, but as we've discussed, I LOVE the music. This is a must-have.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Correction on the Trevor Jones interview... it's one excerpt from a 1987 issue of CinemaScore. He speaks of starting work on the film, going on to Labyrinth and what it was like collaborating with Jim Henson.

I'm really quite excited that this piece of work is finally getting the attention it deserves. After years of watching fans search for the original LP, a decade of bootleg releases and the possibility that Jones might himself release an album on a label of his own, this Collector's Edition is long overdue but warmly welcomed.

I'm interested in hearing what other folks have to say about the score, if there are any opinions to be heard.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Just to update everyone on the DC CD, the discs are going to print as I type this and online vendors are beginning to take pre-orders, the first of which being my friends at moviemusic. buysoundtrax apparently won't be getting it as an exclusive for the first month as I originally reported. Note the April 15 street date which should hold true providing there aren't any further snags (this project was initially slated for completion around this time last year).

SNLIM

Reaction score
just curious, are there any other vendors besides these two selling?

scarecroe

Reaction score
These won't be the only two, no. I can't say for sure who will be getting it and who won't, but I'll post a list of potential vendors in the next few minutes.