Contest: Design art for Fraggle Rock 30th anniversary merchandise

Tom Fraggle

Reaction score
Despite being stupidly prolific with the Fraggle fan art I decided not to enter because lately I've been having severe anxiety issues, and in fact have had to resort to medication, which usually knocks me flat on my baloobius. Silly as it sounds, competing in something like this would put me off the scale. I am not a competitive person; I don't even like playing online games because it makes other people into opponents, which kills the fun for me. So I'm not in the running, but on the flipside I can sit back and enjoy it as a spectator. :wink:

I was wondering if you had entered or not, but understand completely. I probably shouldn't have entered myself either, but I did & have learned my lesson, never again. Not getting any votes and being ridiculed already for "bad" artwork from some(yes, people do have a right to opinions, good or bad), I'm having to avoid my kitchen knife drawer to keep from stabbing a knife in my chest. (joking /sigh) :sigh: (Don't worry, I'll be fine, but the invisible knife jabs through the monitor screen have been painfully felt though.)

Thanks for featuring my artwork entry on your DA page, I was surprised and the kindness has been appreciated. :excited:

Tom Fraggle

Reaction score
Well just discovered I wasn't 'cherry picked'' to feature on the tough pigs top 50!

Chris
Yep, me neither. But I'm not surprised I didn't make the cut, due to my lack of votes and negative comments I've received. Ah, the thrill of being at the mercy of the Internet and it evil trolls who love to belittle anyone cause it makes them feel better.

And with TalentHouse being so slow, receiving any votes will be pretty much impossible if the other 450 drawings they didn't post don't get any kind of special attention on a website that actually isn't super slow to see the drawings.

I'm wondering & curious if the Top 50 voted drawings being mentioned are the only ones the judges will even consider for the grand prize and 8 honorable mentions. Are the judges actually going to go through 500+ drawings, when it's easier to just do the top 50?

Tom Fraggle

Reaction score
To those who remember me stating that I planned to post each Fraggle individually from my 30th anniversary drawing, I have now done that and posted them over on DA, since images won't post here on my Muppet Forums account. I added in some cheap looking backgrounds and I apologize for that, not that good at drawing backgrounds yet. Maybe one day I'll get better if I stay at it long enough. :sigh:

Links to 30th Anniversary Individual drawings: (Hope links work)
Gobo, Red, Wembley, Mokey, Boober

Yoda Man

Reaction score
Everyone's entries are all SOOO good. Geesh, you guys all amaze me. Really hoping someone from MC wins!

bandit

Reaction score
Jeeze! Well I hope whoever is sending the bad comments ISN'T just another contestant. Coming to think of it-- No. No one should be saying anything negative about someone else's art work. Oh sure I've seen some things over on the Talenthouse page that make me go 'What the heck is---!?' but the point is, that wouldn't be in keeping with the spirit of Fraggle Rock anyway. The whole POINT of the show was to highlight and celebrate diversity.

=_= *cracks knuckles* Now I wanna show those guys all the diverse ways in which you can make em PAY! <-- Venturing slightly out of the realm of 'Fraggle spirit.'

Tom Fraggle

Reaction score
Jeeze! Well I hope whoever is sending the bad comments ISN'T just another contestant. Coming to think of it-- No. No one should be saying anything negative about someone else's art work. Oh sure I've seen some things over on the Talenthouse page that make me go 'What the heck is---!?' but the point is, that wouldn't be in keeping with the spirit of Fraggle Rock anyway. The whole POINT of the show was to highlight and celebrate diversity.

=_= *cracks knuckles* Now I wanna show those guys all the diverse ways in which you can make em PAY! <-- Venturing slightly out of the realm of 'Fraggle spirit.'
Settle down Red, no need to introduce them to Mr. Fisty-Wisty. /lol :excited:

I'm not too worried about it, after a good day of thinking about it and looking at other entries, I think I know where I went wrong in my drawing now, so it's my own fault. I've looked at all the ones that have gotten more votes or cherry picked and I see a similar look that everyone was looking for that got a vote. I should have dropped the background and put the five fraggles more closer together, like in a group setting, with cake in the middle and drew a simple background. It was too tacky and not simple, lesson learned and I'll just settle for whatever votes I can get, even if I'm in last place for votes and hope to do better next time. What I posted would not work for a T-shirt.

But yeah, it does make me wonder why artwork that is NOT even Fraggle related or makes you go, what the heck is this are actually doing better in votes, so I know mine must be a bad piece of artwork. I screwed up and will just have to deal with it. I'd already joked with someone else about it and told them, I should have drawn a few simple lines, filled it in with Fraggle colors and would have probably gotten more votes. /lol

btw,
I DID vote for EVERYONE on TalentHouse who posted their artwork here or over on DA, whether they voted for me or not and I do hope you all make it into the Top 50 to get the judges consideration, you drew some fantastic art! And thanks to those who did vote for me, it's appreciated.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Settle down Red, no need to introduce them to Mr. Fisty-Wisty. /lol :excited:

I'm not too worried about it, after a good day of thinking about it and looking at other entries, I think I know where I went wrong in my drawing now, so it's my own fault. I've looked at all the ones that have gotten more votes or cherry picked and I see a similar look that everyone was looking for that got a vote. I should have dropped the background and put the five fraggles more closer together, like in a group setting, with cake in the middle and drew a simple background. It was too tacky and not simple, lesson learned and I'll just settle for whatever votes I can get, even if I'm in last place for votes and hope to do better next time. What I posted would not work for a T-shirt.

But yeah, it does make me wonder why artwork that is NOT even Fraggle related or makes you go, what the heck is this are actually doing better in votes, so I know mine must be a bad piece of artwork. I screwed up and will just have to deal with it. I'd already joked with someone else about it and told them, I should have drawn a few simple lines, filled it in with Fraggle colors and would have probably gotten more votes. /lol

btw,
I DID vote for EVERYONE on TalentHouse who posted their artwork here or over on DA, whether they voted for me or not and I do hope you all make it into the Top 50 to get the judges consideration, you drew some fantastic art! And thanks to those who did vote for me, it's appreciated.
I did vote as many entries as possible. They were all great! I can't wait whoever wins in this contest. Tom, I understand about you making mistakes. Not everybody's perfect, but yeah Red can't act like that all the time. I really despise conflict and negativity.

Yoda Man

Reaction score
Is anyone else having issues with Talent House right now? I can't vote with Facebook or Twitter at the moment and keeping being told that my account isn't linked....? It was working fine this morning. I'm trying to help people out!