Songs of Joe Raposo

BipBippadotta

Reaction score
I believe he wrote the music for Fat Cat Sat Hat too. Can anyone verify this?
I wonder if this is the only Bip song he did.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
BipBippadotta said:
I believe he wrote the music for Fat Cat Sat Hat too. Can anyone verify this?
I wonder if this is the only Bip song he did.
I think he also did "Some, None, All."

Convincing John

Reaction score
Warrick said:
Another one i just remembered...

• Let's Make a Dream

Come on guys, There are more !
Here's a couple more Raposo tunes not heard on Sesame Street...but Raposo tunes nonetheless:

The theme song from "Three's Company" "Come and knock on our door..."

http://www.peppermint-rose.com/three/song.html

And another Raposo song is called "The Square Song". Oddly enough, it's not heard on "Sesame Street" but in one of my all-time favorite films, "Close Encounters of the Third Kind". Check it out:

http://www.amazon.imdb.com/title/tt0075860/soundtrack

Raposo is credited as "Joseph Raposo" for that tune. The only way to hear it is to watch the movie.

Convincing John

samtherobot

Reaction score
On www.bmi.com he's listed as having 452 'work titles!' and some of them are lumped together, i.e. "Sesame St Background Music." But all the songs are there- you just have to sift through a bit. He also wrote some great music for "Raggedy Ann and Andy, A Musical Adventure," another great piece of trippy 70's nostalgia.

PiLfan

Reaction score
dustinrn said:
take a breath?

i was wondering the same thing.

maybe joe was just using a funny voice for that bit, but i remember whoever it was singing that weird ditty sounding waaay different than songs like "everybody sleeps", etc.

:confused:

hooperdusty

Reaction score
The Square Song

Hi!

I think this tune did, in fact, air on "Sesame Street" during it's first season.

I have a record called SUSAN SINGS SONGS FROM SESAME STREET (tongue-twister of a title, eh?), and this song is featured.

Plus there was an ersatz Sesame Street record featuring children singing throughout and it was called SESAME STREET/THE SQUARE SONG (12" LP). So, between the two of these, I think that's proof that the song was on the show at some point.

Also, I have a record by the Boston Pops Symphony dedicated to Raposo's songs, entitled YOU WILL BE MY MUSIC. Haven't played it in years, but if anybody wants a CDR of it, write to me at hooperdusty@netzero.net

mikebennidict

Reaction score
interesting take om a raposo tune.

the song about animals and their babies. you know the 1 that goes like cat have kitten, dogs have pups etc. and remember The Electric Company sign song that went like in, stop, park, walk etc. the opening of both songs found similer.

SesameMike

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
the song about animals and their babies. you know the 1 that goes like cat have kitten, dogs have pups etc.
One line from the song I couldn't quite make out:
"Deer, have pretty fawn, often pad and wad and warm"

After that:
"Cows have calves, and I'll bet you didn't know, that elephants have calves too"

Final verse:
"Pigs have piglets, and in case you didn't know, I've another fact for you.
Goats have kids, like people have kids, like me....., and you."

MuppetDude

Reaction score
"Ducks have ducklings, often paddling 'round the lawn."