Remembering Jerry Nelson (July 10, 1934-August 23, 2012)

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
I- I'm just...I have no words right now to do justice to how I'm feeling about this.

-Kim

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
No...this can't be happening...no no no no no! :batty::sing::fishy: You will be greatly missed, Mr Nelson!

Vincent L

Reaction score
In honor of Jerry Nelson, I posted Wikipedia article links and a video of Leave Me Some Magic on all my social accounts. Sadly, most of my friends have no idea who he is.
I also changed my avatar and signature.

Hayley B

Reaction score
So shocked to learn just now that he has passed away. R.I.P Jerry Nelson. Thanks for all that you have done.

galagr

Reaction score
You know what? Today, I'm gonna do a Muppet Marathon. I'm gonna watch seasons 1 and 3 of the Muppet Show ( the only ones I own ), and a whole slew of Muppet Movies in memory of Jerry. It's impossible, you say. There aren't enough hours in the day, you say. Well, I'm gonna find time, because this news hit me like a sack of potatoes, and I feel numb, and it has nothing to do with the fact that I just went to the dentist. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some Muppets to watch. I miss you Jerry. I hope you got my letter.

PiggyLuvsKermie

Reaction score
He did indeed teach me to count. And Floyd Pepper's rendition of While My Guitar Gently Weeps and Robin's version of Somewhere Over the Rainbow both touch my soul. Jerry will be sorely missed by this fan.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Just....I can't say anything that hasn't alreaday been said. I think I can summon up Jerry Nelson in one word...Faithful.

What I mean by that is that when we lost Jim Henson and Richard Hunt, only Frank Oz and Jerry Nelson remained, and then Frank left to semi-retirement and only Jerry remained.

Still, it makes me question what will happen to Jerry's Sesame Street Characters now ?

I truly hate to sound offensive, but it just that I loved the Couint as a Kid and I still enjoy seeing him from time to time on the show and I know that Jerry held his voice up the longest. :batty:

I don't want to see him go...like the rest of Jerry's characters. :frown:

I mean I can still recall that episode in the 40th anniversary of Sesame Street where nearly all of Jerry's primary characters along with the main man himself starred in one episode together just to remind us fans.

I can recall his voicing of Gobo Fraggle on Fraggle Rock. :smirk:

Nothing sort of saddness can truly come from me right now, as It's just hard to cry right now, if you can understand what I'm saying.

Rest in Peace Jerry Nelson, you can count all the stars you want to now.