Remembering Jerry Nelson (July 10, 1934-August 23, 2012)

Dr Jeff

Reaction score
For what it's worth.....I just wanted to share that Jerry Nelson is the reason I had a career in puppetry and had the pleasure of working with the Muppets on Muppets Tonight. As an awkward high school kid, I wrote a fan letter to Jerry and asked if I could visit the set of Henson's big show at the time, Dinosaurs. Jerry not only read the letter, but passed it on to Kevin Clash who called and invited me to the set. I visited, and fell in love with the craft of puppetry. Jerry was a tremendously kind soul and will be so deeply missed by all those whose lives he has touched. Thanks, Jerry.

LinkLady77

Reaction score
I loved his characters so much. Don't forget Dr. Julius Strangepork!! Truro Daydreams gives you such a great chance to hear his real singing voice. R.I.P. Jerry Nelson, may your memory be eternal.

beakerboy12

Reaction score
I'm completely saddened by this all, same as you... I'm still trying to process it... But, like Jim Henson, Jerry made a large effect on me and everyone else in this world and I know he's going to be treating to a big happy reunion up in heaven with Jim, Don, and Richard... None of us will ever forget him... except probably Forgetful Jones... but above all, he will forever live in our memory and heart...

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
I've spread the news. I've forwarded the MC email about his passing to all of the Muppet fans I know, and posted the news on my Google+ (at the risk of getting humiliated). The news just ambushed me. It's like if Dick Van Dyke or Bob Hoskins had died. These people seem indestructible.

Now Jim, Richard, and Jerry are all part of a rainbow connection.

Zoot the Saxer

Reaction score
Oh, man. I woke up this morning and checked my e-mail, and there it was from Muppet Central. At first I didn't really believe it, but...it's true. RIP Jerry Nelson, one of my heroes, awesome puppeteer, the reason I picked up bass :sing: as well as puppetry, and the only one who really ever perfected Floyd's unhealthy and hilarious cackle. We'll miss you. :sing:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, now I'm seriously shocked. On Yahoos' homepage, Jerry Nelson isn't most searched, but Khloe Kardashian is. I am very deeply sorry Jerry. I don't know who runs Yahoo!, but that's messed up.
Well, it would be to us Muppet Freaks... but let's be honest, do you really think the general public would recognize Jerry Nelson moreso than any of the Krapdashians? :smirk:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Oh my goodness you guys. I guess we all knew this day would come, but when it does you're not any more prepared. Jerry's voice and characters always brought so much happiness to me and is the main reason I've been a muppet fan for so long. I'm actually crying a bit while typing... Jerry, you and your creations will never be forgotten!!