Remembering Jerry Nelson (July 10, 1934-August 23, 2012)

GoboDeadly95

Reaction score
Mahna Mahna is actually a very inspirational song. You've been slacking on your Dynamite Determination reading, haven't you?
He likes to joke around a lot and plus he was a music teacher for awhile so he loves music of all kinds. He was just kind of playing around with us because our classroom was so hot and we were all falling asleep (myself included). He was trying to make it fun I guess and he succeeded for me at least.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
"Saying good-bye going away seems like good-bye's such a hard thing to say"

Floyd- "You're in my heart so until then it's time for saying good-bye." :sing:

Somehow I know, we'll meet again
Not sure quite where and I don't know just when
You're in my heart so until then
Wanna smile
Wanna cry
Saying goodbye...

I know that's not the whole song but just wanted to post the lyrics that mean the most to me. :cry:

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
Today I threw a stuffed fish across my living room a few times in honor of Jerry.
When my brother was playing a video game, I kept counting everything in it (One, two three! That's three sheep! Ah-Ah-AH-AH!!!) with my Count impression. Oh, and I also laughed like Floyd, and sang a bunch of songs in Lew Zealand's voice. I clucked like Camilla, too. Now if only I knew how to wemble...:smirk:

Slackbot

Reaction score
I watched some skits in my Sesame Street Spoofs DVD set. Heh, The Count is cool in a OCD kinda way.

Dearth

Reaction score
And he's with Christine again too.
That's been the one silver lining about the whole thing. I was *really* depressed earlier when I heard the news, and then the same thought occurred to me that he and his daughter were reunited, and it made it far more bearable.

Alex

ErnieBertGonzo

Reaction score
I just found out when I noticed an edit to his page on Muppet Wiki... I'm in absolute utter shock right now.

Rest in peace, Jerry. I will always cherish the joy you and your characters have brought me.
My thoughts are with his family, friends, and the whole Muppet/Sesame team.

SwedishTech

Reaction score
Wow. I got the message in my email this morning. Wanted SO bad to see that it was a sick joke. There's nothing I can say that hasn't been put into way better words in the 15+ pages ahead of me, so I won't even try. I feel like I've lost a dear friend that I've grown up with, that I've never even met. We all have.

I'm extremely happy for him however. Gone are his days of pain and limitations. We'll see him and his muppets again one day. Until then, he's got some catching up to do with a couple other guys :jim: :wink: , and his little girl.

He also has a lot of stars to be counting as well. :smile:

:batty: :sing: :fishy: :cluck: :crazy: :search: :smirk: :boo:

:hungry:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Here's a statement released by The Jim Henson Company through Lisa Henson:

"Jerry Nelson imbued all his characters with the same gentle, sweet whimsy and kindness that were a part of his own personality. He joined The Jim Henson Company in the earliest years, and his unique contributions to the worlds of Fraggles, Muppets, Sesame Street and so many others are, and will continue to be, unforgettable. On behalf of the Henson family and everyone at The Jim Henson Company, our deepest sympathies go out to Jerry's family and to his many fans." – Lisa Henson, CEO The Jim Henson Company