If Muppets were played by real actors

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Kermit is just so hard to peg. I know Segel thinks of him as a Tom Hanks, but I disagree. Kermit has both a quiet grace and an specific zaniness just underneath the surface.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Kermit is just so hard to peg. I know Segel thinks of him as a Tom Hanks, but I disagree. Kermit has both a quiet grace and an specific zaniness just underneath the surface.
Well said. Actually, Steve Carrell MIGHT be able to pull it off. Depends on the Piggy.

------------

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Well said. Actually, Steve Carrell MIGHT be able to pull it off. Depends on the Piggy.

------------
I thought Kirstie Alley was great in Cheers. She's funny and she has the attitude down, but I'm not sure if she embodies enough Piggy as a whole. I like Steve Carrell sometimes. That could maybe work. It might not make sense, but I see Kermit a little younger.

anytimepally

Reaction score
Elijah Wood is way too old to be Robin. Robin would have to be played by a kid.

MissMusical12

Reaction score
Yes, but there aren't that many good hearted child actors out there, huh?
Especially the ones from Disney Channel......-shudders- :eek: Maybe they would get some unknown kid who's done Broadway so he has some acting experience (And yes, I am well aware film is different than stage) (Best bet would be Mary Poppins or Newsies) to do Robin.

ProboSowa

Reaction score
I don't watch a lot of film so I can't set out whole casts, but I could see Wilford Brimley as Waldorf just from looks.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
I kinda agree with anytimepally that Elijah Wood would be too old for Robin now, but if he were younger, he'd be great!

Here are my personal "real Muppet casting" picks:
take them as you will...

Kermit - David Duchovny (or Ewan McGregor)
Piggy – Kirsty Alley
Gonzo - Adrien Brody
Fozzie - Eric Stonestreet
Animal- Dave Grohl
Dr. Teeth - Elton John
Zoot - Slash
Floyd - Tom Petty
Janice – Gwen Stefani
Pepe - Cheech Marin
Scooter - Andrew Garfield (or Justin Long)
Rowlf - Zach Galifinakis
Rizzo - Steve Buscemi
Robin - Elijah Wood
Statler- Steve Martin
Waldorf – Billy Crystal
Sam – Kelsey Grammer
Bunsen- Martin Short
Beaker- Paul Reubens
Sweetums- John Goodman
Walter – Ryan Dosier
I love the ideas of Steve Martin and Billy Crystal as Statler and Waldorf, Martin Short and Paul Reubuns as Bunsen and Beaker and Kesley Grammer as Sam. I think in one Empire issue, Eric Stonestreet said he relates to Fozzie. I don't know, I may be thinking of another actor...

Adrian Brody as Gonzo?! C'mon! You're just saying that because they have the same nose!

Pardon me for being ignorant, but what does everyone have against Steve Buscemi as Pepe? I honestly don't know who he is, so please enlighten me on how he would be the wrong choice.

MissMusical12

Reaction score
Pardon me for being ignorant, but what does everyone have against Steve Buscemi as Pepe? I honestly don't know who he is, so please enlighten me on how he would be the wrong choice.
All I know is Steve was Randall in "Monsters Inc." and Templeton in the newer version of "Charlotte's Web." (The one with Dakota Fanning)