Terry Angus' Butch G. Cat new book series now available on pre-sale

Craig Chenery

Reaction score
Many of you here know Terry. Terry worked for Jim Henson on Fraggle Rock and performed Storyteller, Brio, Morris Fraggle, plus other Doozers. He also performed on numerous Muppet specials.

Terry has a creation called Butch G. Cat and we are in the process of building a huge franchise based around him. This will include movies, television show, novels and merchandise. We are currently in development on Butch's first major motion picture with the hopes of a 2014 theatrical release.

I am very pleased to announce that we have just released the first in a series of journals written by Butch that lead up to the events in the in development movie. Book One "Broadway's next Biggest Star" and Book Two "Bringing Down the House" are now available for pre-order and will be on sale October 1st.

If you are in the Los Angeles area, Terry, Butch, Danny Renfroe and myself, the authors of the journals will be at the Orange County Children's Book Festival Sunday September 30th from 9:30 - 4:30 in booth 112. Come on out and say hi!

Books can be ordered at www.butchgcat.com. You can also sign up for Club Boffo! The official fan club of Butch.

Kind regards

Craig - Author of the Butch G. Cat Journals.

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
Three Questions Though!!
Is It Gonna Be Aimed At All Ages?
Is It Gonna Be Aimed At Adults?
Or Is it Gonna Be Aimed At Prescoolers?

Craig Chenery

Reaction score
Hi! I'd be happy to answer that. We're aiming it at all ages. We don't talk down to children but at the same time we don't overly complicate things to cater to an older audience. There are certainly some jokes in there that the older audience will get but we don't resort to crude humor for a cheap laugh. It's wholesome but without being preachy if that makes sense.

The activity books will obviously be aimed at a younger audience with pictures to color and puzzles etc... but the journals are aimed at all audiences. The goal is to release about six journals that lead up to the events that occur in the movie. Basically the last page of the last journal will be Butch going to bed the night before the movie starts. This series will cover about 18 months of his life. Then, once the movie is released, we will do a second series of journals that overly the movie instead of just writing a straight novelization of the film.

I hope that helps a bit

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
Hi! I'd be happy to answer that. We're aiming it at all ages. We don't talk down to children but at the same time we don't overly complicate things to cater to an older audience. There are certainly some jokes in there that the older audience will get but we don't resort to crude humor for a cheap laugh. It's wholesome but without being preachy if that makes sense.

The activity books will obviously be aimed at a younger audience with pictures to color and puzzles etc... but the journals are aimed at all audiences. The goal is to release about six journals that lead up to the events that occur in the movie. Basically the last page of the last journal will be Butch going to bed the night before the movie starts. This series will cover about 18 months of his life. Then, once the movie is released, we will do a second series of journals that overly the movie instead of just writing a straight novelization of the film.

I hope that helps a bit
Thanks For Telling Me That!! I Was Wondering Because I'm 15