What Muppets scared you as a child?

G-MAN

Reaction score
Another thing that used to scare me was when they would show clips of "That Old Black Magic". I was really little and I didn't know the words and seeing Kermit wearing that black wig really creeped me out, though I was never scared of "I've Grown Accustomed To Your Face".

HuggaWugga

Reaction score
Randall Flagg said:
I had completely forgotten about the Kenny Rogers episode with those ghosts... yeah, that was pretty creepy for Muppet Show standards! I wasn't scared by it (probably because I was already 6 or 7 by the time), but it definitely caught my attention!
My mom saw this as a 20 year old :eek:

Starbelly

Reaction score
Oooh! I remember that. They played the song "If" by Bread while that was going on. That song still gives me the willies. That was really creepy and even though I was only about five when I saw that it really stayed with me. So did Alpha Centauri by Crystal Gayle with the spirits floating around behind her.

Xerus

Reaction score
There were quite a few Muppets that scared me when I was a kid.

There was the Beautiful Day Monster who always did scary negative things sometimes.

There was one where a girl was twiddling a stick around a wooden fence. But it turned out to be a huge grass monster with teeth. But the girl managed to scare it away by growling.

And there was this Muppet News flash skit where furniture was turning into monsters where this guy was watching the news and his sofa, drawer, and lamp turn into monsters and chase him out of his house. When the guy finally escaped and got back in, his TV turned into a scary toothy monster and ate him. And it ended with the Newsman's desk eating him. That totally freaked me out!

Gonzwella

Reaction score
Okay, don't know what they're called but I always called them the Yip Yip's. They're these alien dudes, and one was red and one was blue and they would go "Yip Yip, Yip Yip uhhhhhhhhuuuuuu uhhhhhhhuuhhhhhhh." Scared the bejezzers outta me. For some reason I think I remember that creppy Alphabet Guy. And the weird monster Rock/flower guy. Strange, seeing as I wasn't alive in the 8o's until the end. :confused: :confused:

ciaomeow

Reaction score
OK, does anyone out there remember a scary blue monster, with eyelids that retracted and made his eyes bigger and scarier. I think his name was Fred and he had a mouth that turned down at the edges. He spoke with a very deep, rumbly voice. He always scared me. I remember there was one skit where he was talking to Ernie (I think) and he let out this terrible roar. The screen went from color to a blinding white and the skit ended. Geez, I just gave myself goosebumps!

muppetintherye

Reaction score
Animal and the Jabberwock from the Brooke Shields episode of TMS, and I am still afraid of the latter.

FozzieAmoeba

Reaction score
I think the one that scared me the most was the "Trudge Trudge" monster, not so much for its appearance as for the rage with which it lashed out at the "Streaka Streaka" monster.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
ciaomeow said:
OK, does anyone out there remember a scary blue monster, with eyelids that retracted and made his eyes bigger and scarier. I think his name was Fred and he had a mouth that turned down at the edges. He spoke with a very deep, rumbly voice. He always scared me. I remember there was one skit where he was talking to Ernie (I think) and he let out this terrible roar. The screen went from color to a blinding white and the skit ended. Geez, I just gave myself goosebumps!
I just saw a pic of Fred on SS encyclopedia website.He would have scared me too.:embarrassed:

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
FozzieAmoeba said:
I think the one that scared me the most was the "Trudge Trudge" monster, not so much for its appearance as for the rage with which it lashed out at the "Streaka Streaka" monster.
Like I've said before,Jim and Frank,both of them when they make their voices a certain range,can be pretty scary.Trudge Trudge scared me silly along with Hugga Wugga.:smirk: