Wanted: 1970's Big Bird Plush Doll

kattz7

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can purchase a Big Bird that was made back in the 70's.
I was only 8 then, so all I can remember is he had a hole at the back of his head for the finger to enter for moving his beak open and closed. This Big Bird also did not have plush legs. His legs were made of a hard plastic or something to that nature. He was all yellow and about 14 inches tall.
I had him stolen at 10 years old and would love to have him replaced. I have not seen any Big Birds that have a hole in the back of the head for beak movement or with hard plastic legs since mine was stolen, so maybe he was a special series...no idea.

Thank you

hemi

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can purchase a Big Bird that was made back in the 70's.
I was only 8 then, so all I can remember is he had a hole at the back of his head for the finger to enter for moving his beak open and closed. This Big Bird also did not have plush legs. His legs were made of a hard plastic or something to that nature. He was all yellow and about 14 inches tall.
I had him stolen at 10 years old and would love to have him replaced. I have not seen any Big Birds that have a hole in the back of the head for beak movement or with hard plastic legs since mine was stolen, so maybe he was a special series...no idea.

Thank you
PLEASE CHECK OUT THE "FOR SALE SECTION" ON MY MUPPET COLLECTABLES WEBSITE
I HAVE YOUR RARE BIGBIRD FOR SALE FOR A DECENT PRICE
HERE'S THE LINK
http://www.everyoneweb.com/www.muppetcave.com/
GREATINGS HEMI

kattz7

Reaction score
Thank you for your response.

I am very much interested in viewing your Big Bird, however, with all the merchandise on your site I can't find him.
Could you please provide the exact URL and the price you are asking. Here is my personal email if you would like to make a deal on my dearly sought after Big Bird. discanddat at hotmail dot com

Thank you,
Kim

Pino

Reaction score
They appeare also a lot on Ebay usa... just keep a look at that and mail them about the finger insered behind its head :wink:

hemi

Reaction score
They appeare also a lot on Ebay usa... just keep a look at that and mail them about the finger insered behind its head :wink:
Hi Pino,

Its the Topper Toy bigbird that she was looking for,it was only produced 2 years from 1971-72
Its a really rare puppet and i cant agree that they appaere a lot on ebay.com,otherwise i would have bought them for sure!
think its the nicest bigbird puppet ever released!
last 4 years i only spotted 3 of them,2 wich i bought,other one was boxed and reached higher level bids!

Pino

Reaction score
is that one different then the questor version?
I see them regularly on ebay

hemi

Reaction score

Pino

Reaction score
Aaaaah the I was lucky.. I have that one bought on Ebay a month ago for just 12 dollars. I see you have Ernie too is that also different with the questor?

hemi

Reaction score
Aaaaah the I was lucky.. I have that one bought on Ebay a month ago for just 12 dollars. I see you have Ernie too is that also different with the questor?
hi pino,
this is not my collection,but the collection of Joad Henry from Canada (ik ben van Belgie)
i only have Oscar mib,bigbird unboxed
Topper toys ernie got two versions as you can see in his collection only there shirt are different
dont tell me you bought bigbird boxed for 12$ because than you really made a awnsome deal!
Aldo for 12$ you also made a great deal (even unboxed) because its a really rare puppet

bird143

Reaction score

Thank you

Kattz7,
Are you still interested in the 1970's Big Bird? I have one and would consider selling it.