What Muppets scared you as a child?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Sweetums never scared me; I just always felt so sad when he got left behind in The Muppet Movie. :cry: Lol

I love Sweetums in the Muppet Show episode when he's all sad that people are afraid of him and Sandy Duncan makes him feel better. :smile:

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
When I was younger, Cookie Monster, the Count, and Frazzle used to scare me. (I ran to another room whenever Cookie's "Healthy Food" rap came on.) Boy, those were the days...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
(I ran to another room whenever Cookie's "Healthy Food" rap came on.) Boy, those were the days...
I was sacred of the Broccoli the "Healthy Food" song. Her mouth looked all crinckled and messed up and when they all went "Ahhhhhh!" in the song I thought she was crying about it, lol.

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
I was sacred of the Broccoli the "Healthy Food" song. Her mouth looked all crinckled and messed up and when they all went "Ahhhhhh!" in the song I thought she was crying about it, lol.
I think the food (especially Broccoli) contributed to me being scared of that song as well... Fortunately, I'm older now, and I'm enjoying looking back at my childhood and laugh about it.

FrogInTheGlen

Reaction score
I wasn't scared of any Muppets when I was younger, but my brother was scared of Jack in "The Muppet Movie." Was that Sweetums? Anyway, he'd leave the room whenever Jack was on; I'm not sure when (if? :insatiable:) he stopped being scared. As an adult, I think those human Muppets on the train with Kenny Rogers during "The Gambler" are a little disturbing. That goes double for the dead one!:eek:

pupcake79

Reaction score
I was scared of the Skeksis and Aughra from the Dark Crystal when I was tiny, but I still loved the movie. I'm sure that is true of many people!

WereFox

Reaction score
The Statler door knock made me jump out of my skin, I was so startled.

WereFox

Reaction score
Finally! Here's your picture of Munchie!

Here's why I couldn't find a picture of him...it's spelled Munchy, not Munchie. My mistake :embarrassed:

Well, if you check out this link:

http://www.70slivekidvid.com/bcr/mrmunchy2.jpg

You can check him out. The website I got it from was for something called the Krofft Superstars Hour, or something like that. Anyway, they must've added the teeth when he joined the Barbara Mandrell Show. And in this photo, he's eating a surfboard. There's another photo from that site of the same thing only he hasn't taken a bite yet.

I don't think the arms moved on this puppet, they were stuffed (kind of like Big Bird's right wing) and the puppeteer used both hands to work the mouth (I'm assuming). And I'm guessing that the eyes were those typical Krofft eyes where a small black ball was glued behind a clear half-sphere, so it would roll around when the puppet moved.

So yeah. That's Munchy, or I guess they call him "Mr. Munchy" on the website. He freaked me out when I was a kid, but now when I look at him, I can't help but laugh because of that Munchy Blooper where he fell over backwards! I'll never forget that! LOL!!!

Oh yeah, I remember what came on after that blooper...it was a Wilkins Coffee commercial! I don't remember it word for word, but it went like this:

(Wilkins and Wontkins are sitting on a typical Muppet brick wall)

Wilkins: So, what do you think of Wilkins Coffee?
Wontkins: I think it's awful!
(The wall blows up right where Wontkins is. He crawls up out of the bricks and smoke, scared out of his wits)
Wontkins: Uhhhh....just kiddin' Mr. Wilkins!!!

I wish they'd bring out those old commercials on DVD!!!

Convincing John
I saw the Munchie picture... hideous!:eek: