Favorite Books/Authors

newsmanfan

Reaction score
One other famous book from my childhood- The Little Red Lighthouse and the Great Gray Bridge. Tells the story of the real-life Jeffrey's Hook Lighthouse located underneath the George Washington Bridge in New York.
Oh, wow. I remember that one! I think that was the same period when I also liked Ferdinand and Mike Mulligan & His Steam Shovel. Neat...thanks for the flashback!
---------------

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
I've been a big bookworm my whole life (I learned to read when I was 3, and am told stories about how I would sit around looking at books before I could read, to give you an idea), so I have a lot. This will be a condensed list:

-On the Road
-One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
-Lies My Teacher Told Me (nonfiction history book)
-Skinny Witch (the actual title cannot be said here)
-Various books about Buddhism and Wicca, my two favorite religions to read about
-And many more.

I actually don't have any favorite authors now, but as a child/teen, I liked the works of Judy Blume, R.L. Stine, Beverly Cleary, and Shel Silverstein.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------
Stuff I've been meaning to acquire and devour for a while now but have no dinero for:

"Kraken" by China Mieville
"The Prisoner of Heaven" by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
"One of Our Thursdays Is Missing" by Jasper Fforde...and I see on amazon he has a new book coming out next month...arrrrgh I'm so behind...

...and I STILL have at least 3 books on my shelf I STILL haven't read. I'm pathetic.
--------------

ilovemusic

Reaction score
Right now, I'm reading 'The Bernini Mystery' (or something like that in English...) by Dan Brown. I've already read 'The Da Vinci Code' (still need to watch the movie), and I so totally loved it, and then I found out I should've read 'The Bernini Mystery' first. Gah.
But still, Dan Brown's books are so awesomely written, and the best is, that it features enough facts to be believable.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------
Brown does his research, I'll give him that. Although his books don't interest me I can have some respect for any author who takes the time to do their homework!

-------

mr3urious

Reaction score
I'm reading both Small Steps by Louis Sachar, which is the spinoff-ish sequel to Holes (which I've also read beforehand). The best part about it is that you don't need to read the latter to understand the former, since they do explain some of the events from it.

I'm also re-reading The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. I hope to get to A Thousand Splendid Suns very soon. :smile: