Help with Attaching Bodies to Puppet Heads

Reaction score
so today I bought some small styrofoam balls to start on a series of small "food muppets." so far i have a tomato.
tomato 1
tomato 2
(it's not great, i didn't have the right fabric and it only took me 45 minutes to make, as well as it is my first attempt at this style of puppet)

which brings me to my problem... i only know how to make the head of a puppet. the online tutorials i read didn't show me how to make anything more than the head. How do you attatch a "body?" any help is appreciated.

MagicFractal

Reaction score
Flexible "armature" is often used to make dolls. CLICK HERE TO SEE. It's very strong, bendable, and long-lasting. This example is about 1/2" diameter. It can be had from about 1/4" to 2-1/2" diameter (for really big puppets). CLICK HERE for another source.
You can glue an inch or two of its length into the head, and glue a few inches into the body. If you leave an inch or more for the neck area, you'll be able to rotate the head and bend the neck very realistically, and since the tubing is hollow, you can thread fishing line to the head to activate the mouth or eyes or eyebrows or ears or antennae !​