Remembering Jerry Nelson (July 10, 1934-August 23, 2012)

theSHE124

Reaction score
Yeah, that has to be the most beautiful picture yet, Frackleman! 1 Beautiful Picture! :batty:
Give my complement to Mr. Jason Ho please!
And I with you, dude! We need to know if SOME Muppet's been there! (Not me, I can never stand funerals! :grr:)

MollyArriba

Reaction score
It's odd; I know it's terrible for me to say, but I was waiting for Dave or Frank to die. I knew how old David was getting, and how Frank was slowing down these past few years, but it never in a million years crossed my mind the Jerry would die.

Before he passed, I wasn't even aware of which characters were his. See, with Frank you can always tell; they're outrageous and different and complex, but it's clearly Frank. With David I'd looked him up, because I had to know who the man behind Gonzo was. With Jim, you can just hear it. Same with Richard.

With Jerry, it somehow never occurred to me that Floyd, Robin, the Count, Camilla, and all his other wonderful characters had someone controlling them, let alone that it would be the same person. I had to ask my friend who Jerry Nelson was when I heard he'd passed; when she told me I burst into tears. See, all his characters were so different! Unrecognizable. Now that I know it's Jerry I can hear him, but before all I saw were his characters.

They were some of my favorite characters too. Floyd and Camilla were two of my favorite parts of The Muppet Show, and I went nuts whenever Uncle Deadly showed up. Floyd especially always managed to make me laugh.

I still laugh every time I hear him shout PIIIIGGS INNNN SPAAAAACE!!! :sing:

... I miss him.

MollyArriba

Reaction score
That was beautiful. :fanatic:
A lot of the things that have been said on here are. It's just a pity that his death is what made all this beauty happen... or maybe that's kind of beautiful too.

He is still inspiring us. I mean, I know he's inspiring me.

It's odd, how someone whom you've never met can matter so much. I wasn't alive when Jim or Richard died, but it still makes me cry. When Jerry died, I searched for everything he'd done, and it was odd to realize how much I'd enjoyed and loved him without knowing it!

Collgoff

Reaction score
You know Jerry Nelson died but his work lives on for years to come.
Things have been changing since then!