List of potential "very special guest stars" if the Muppet Show were to return...

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I was going to suggests these three as well, Broadway stars are usually a safe bet as you know they can sing and act, but with others people have suggested like Ellen Degeneres you don't know if they can sing and act.
I think that a willingness to act silly and not be afraid to look goofy would be as important as being able to sing or act extremely well. If someone's willing to put themselves out there and have fun on stage, then they would make a great guest star.

Ignatz

Reaction score
I wouldn't agree, Sylvester Stallone came on the show willing to act silly and couldn't carry a tune in a bucket, most of the singing scenes were cringe worthy. Not all guests have to sing like John Cleese but he pulled this off with skilled writing and performing. I think the trouble would be with finding a guest star is that the modern days there aren't many celebrities, actors and singers who have come from the variety circuit background, thats was what was great with the best guest stars from the classic Muppet Show. Being the guest star isn't the same as being the host of SNL you have to be able to tell jokes, sing, act and naturally interact with the Muppets. I don't want them to make a new Muppet Show for it to go down the Muppet Tonight route cutting almost all song numbers and just having sketches, the music was often some of the best parts of the original show.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I guess we're interested in seeing different things; I value the humor aspect and the interaction of the guest stars with the Muppets compared to having a great singing voice, but both are important.

Ignatz

Reaction score
You're right I think both are important and don't get me wrong I'd watch regardless of who was on it. It would be interesting to see if they do make a new show how different people would do as there isn't really any variety shows around anymore.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
I'm trying to think of people who would actually work well with the Muppets, not just famous people. Right now I have the following (you'll notice I know more TV stars than movie stars)

Jason Segel
Amy Poehler
Steve Carell
Ed Helms
Zack Galifinakis
Jim Parsons
Bob Harper
Joel McHale
Nick Offerman
Conan O'Brien
Neil Patrick Harris
Matthew Perry
Jeff Probst
Owl City

Ignatz

Reaction score
Don't nkow if anyone has suggested this yet but Paul Reubins just himself or Pee Wee would be great.
Also Bello Nock would be a great guest.