How can someone hate Elmo?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
No offense, but you guys really shouldn't judge the segment on its title; how 'bout you watch it first, then decide whether or not it's worth watching.
I understand, it's just that I haven't seen any signs that the show's style is going to change any time soon. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
No offense, but you guys really shouldn't judge the segment on its title; how 'bout you watch it first, then decide whether or not it's worth watching.
I admit, I'm just a little excited about it.

ANYTHING has got to be better than Elmo's World at this point.
Except "Time to Play." I hope whoever forced that on the show was fired or something.

PoisonBadNews

Reaction score
I'd be excited about Elmo's World getting the boot if there was a snowball's chance in heck that it would be replaced by something even slightly better. I haven't seen Elmo the Musical yet (no TV in our house so our daughter watches SS on Netflix or elsewhere online), but I will be absolutely shocked if it's anything but another mind numbing, soul crushing exercise in repetition that fails to either entertain or educate. Sesame Street didn't start out as a babysitting/merchandise hawking service for upper middle class suburban toddlers, it was supposed to be a way to help parents, particularly less affluent ones who couldn't afford preschool, prepare their children for kindergarten, building basic counting and reading as well as their imaginations. But I fail to see the educational merit in Dorothy thinking about balls, or Elmo watching the All Balls, All the Time Channel. :grouchy:

At least the surviving members of the Noodle Family are now free, and no longer trapped in a pocket dimension forced to entertain the Little Red Menace. :insatiable:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'd be excited about Elmo's World getting the boot if there was a snowball's chance in heck that it would be replaced by something even slightly better. I haven't seen Elmo the Musical yet (no TV in our house so our daughter watches SS on Netflix or elsewhere online), but I will be absolutely shocked if it's anything but another mind numbing, soul crushing exercise in repetition that fails to either entertain or educate. Sesame Street didn't start out as a babysitting/merchandise hawking service for upper middle class suburban toddlers, it was supposed to be a way to help parents, particularly less affluent ones who couldn't afford preschool, prepare their children for kindergarten, building basic counting and reading as well as their imaginations. But I fail to see the educational merit in Dorothy thinking about balls, or Elmo watching the All Balls, All the Time Channel. :grouchy:

At least the surviving members of the Noodle Family are now free, and no longer trapped in a pocket dimension forced to entertain the Little Red Menace. :insatiable:
Have you seen the preview clips?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Sesame Street didn't start out as a babysitting/merchandise hawking service for upper middle class suburban toddlers, it was supposed to be a way to help parents, particularly less affluent ones who couldn't afford preschool, prepare their children for kindergarten, building basic counting and reading as well as their imaginations.
No, but Sesame Street also didn't start out with 3 or 4 cable channels of kiddy competition, leading to a Darwinian adapt or die state in the TV show. All Sesame Street had to go on back in 1969 was Ding Dong School and Mr. Rogers... and even then it had some similarities (which thankfully dissolved later in the 70's). Barney was the first big blow to Sesame Street... Nick Jr's Blue's Clues took the second. In fact, EW was sort of a jaded attempt to be like BC.

Elmo the Musical is far superior. It has 2 key things that EW lacked. A basic engaging plot line, and Elmo's ability to interact with other characters. No longer are we to deal with 15 minute segments about one subject taught exclusively through filler. The segment is, if you can believe it, entertaining and moves quickly.

dahszil dahszil

Reaction score
Elmo is the cult of the spoiled brat. give me back the old sesame street. today s street seems so pc its just mostly saccharin fluff. for example you notice how cookie monster has a hole in his mouth now? thus mommies with spick and span ocd think there children won't leave cookie crumbs all over the place. grover use to be this maternal at other times avuncular figure who was always helpful. today he just plays the misandrysts male boob. bring us back imperfection of the old sesame street. imperfection leads to a tolerant society. striving for perfection leads to a factional, fighting(ironically)among each other, society.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know... most of us grew out of whining about that well over 10 years ago.

The Show is different from when you were a kid decades ago. Get over it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah. it's a noob that only posted that one thing. But it's the same old myopic crap we all got sick and tired of at least 5 years ago.

And I love that whole "Sesame Street was never PC" fallacy. It's always been PC. That's why it always had a diverse cast. I love how people can't distinguish between true political correctness and anal retentive societal protectiveness.