Walt Disney AND Jim Henson

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by Manda:-D
He's NOT "little"!!!! I've heard Byron's HUGE!!! A veritable GIANT!!!! (OK, so, he probaly is at least to ME, as I am barely above 5 feet!!!)
Thank ya for the ego---I mean---confidence boost there, Manda! Huge I am!

*stands erect, plants feet, flexes arms*

*GRUNT!!!*

:big_grin:

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Re: disney

Originally posted by C'irdan
And besides...disney did not invent animatronics. If you do your reading...(Jim Henson: The works) you'll find that Jim Henson himself invented this type of programmed robotic puppetry, and not only did he invent the idea...but he himself named it "animatronics". I do believe I have made my point.
Jim Henson: The Works, p. 186 says:

So radical were the advances that the word "puppetry" seemed insufficient to describe how many characters were brought into being. To characterize the blend of cable control and radio control used to bring Jen and Kira to life, Jim used the word "animatronics." Though there had been other pioneers of this technology, it was "The Dark Crystal" that really proved the viability of animatronics on a massive scale, and it is the Henson Creature Shop that has dominated the field ever since. -END-

I don't exactly see your "point." Disney made (as in presented) their "Audio-Animatronics" technology in at least the early 1960s. Whether they invented it or not, I am not completely sure, though I think so. Jim and the Creature Shop definitely helped really evolve the form and perfected it, particularly for the use of films and TV, and it was really a breakthrough from traditional puppetry. But as for Jim inventing it and naming it, I don't think so. But he AND Walt Disney were geniuses in their own special ways. And if you saw the 2001 ABC documentary, "Walt: The Man Behind the Myth," you'll know that Disney didn't completely "bias Walt in his favor" in some parts.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
*stands erect, plants feet, flexes arms*

*GRUNT!!!*
Anybody else smell that? :grouchy:

Byron should go be on Are You Hot? if they have a "Do You Smell Goooood" category.

I've never seen Are You Hot? What night does it come on?

I have to admit to watching Am. Funniest Home Videos. There's just something about an idiot running himself full speed into a wall that kills me!! I think it's just funny to see how many more morons there are out there than just me. The unfunny ones are the obviously set-up videos. What really stinks about them is that the final 3 they choose to win the money never are funny ones. But, I like that show.

C'irdan

Reaction score
animatronics

sorry about that...I didn't mean to exaggerate...but he did invent the word...and he really did improve the technology incredibly.

I'm not saying that everything written about Walt Disney is biased...but come on! Most of it has to be...how else could they make any money off of it? And there's probably some biased henson stuff...but not as much because the company can't seem to make any money in the first place now a days now can it?

I'm not trying to be extremist here, I hope you realize.

:embarrassed:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Re: animatronics

Originally posted by C'irdan
I'm not saying that everything written about Walt Disney is biased...but come on! Most of it has to be...how else could they make any money off of it?
That seems to be the norm in the world, though...who would write about themselves and make 'em look bad, y'know?

Kye

Reaction score
Rumors were circulating a few years back, that the disney family was trying to collect enough stock to boot out the devil, eisner. wheather or not this is true remains to be seen.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
It has been proven recently that Walt Disney is a baby eating satanist, that he was responsible for all the missing elderly people at the local nursing homes and he put robots inside their bodies after he pulled their insides out and THAT, people, is where those life-like animatronic things come from!!!

I know it's true! I read it in National Enquirer.

Just kiddin. :big_grin:

He never ate any babies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
ABC needs to deviate from the reality TV line-up :
The Family, The Bachelor, The Bachelorette, I'm a (pseudo) Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here, Are You Hot, All American Girl and the longtime - America's (un)Funniest Home Videos. Yes, there are that many - probably more!
Why the freaking freak did they bring back America's rednecks beating each other up for fun videos? Then they Moved the Drew Carey show to fridays to be killed by incessant 2 hour blacoks of AFV reruns.

Granted, Drew wasn't as good as it used to be, but it was the second to last season anyway. Now it just died without any fan fare like Spin City.

And I'm a celebrity.. ick (Luke, BTW, you'll love a Simpson's episode from this season when it comes to the UK... I'll tell yah later.. or heck, E-mail me for the detailes). I mean where there ANY celebrities on that show? Other than the guy from Life styles of the Blah and unimpressive (who hasn't got work since 1990) they were all G-list models.

As for the edited moives, well, they do play good ones from time to time, and I watch it if the film is good and the Simpsons aren't on that Sunday, but what will they replace that with? Another lame copy of a British reality show?

As for Disney... well, I don't want any Disney fans at my door trying to string me up by my neck, so don't read on..

Why does everyone think Disney is the kindly ol' Uncle who makes fun little Micky Mice cartoons? I have figured out so much dirt on him, that I can't even think good things anymore. I'll keep some of the hard core things away, though. He was so right wing, anti communist. By that, he didn't like how the animators formed a union. And he was just awful to some guy that went to Russia to study art. Another Employee was actually shut out (Disney didn't like him, and he played nasty tricks on him to get him to quit or get fired) People were threatened to be fired if they even talked to the guy.

But enough of that....